Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Ohhhh, I wish you had your camera. I do carry mine at all times, one I can carry in my jean's pocket.

A few months ago my DH and I traveled 2.5 hours to look at a Damascus Treadle. I had to confir with Billy since I had never hear of it. Long story - short: I am close to being able to post a photo soon. My DH just finished replicating the cabinet and he will soon be attaching the irons to the cabinet and then it will debut in the cafe. Can't wait, the cabinet is exqusite... but why not, it's my DH workmanship! I have to brag someplace. :D

Oh, we paid $30 for it!
I have seen his work and all I have to say is WOW!!!! I can not wait to see its debut!!!

Billy
Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
Really? I had no idea. That is good to know. It does not seem to be as heavy as some machines.

Oh, I meant to post this earlier, but I found the most amazing machine on Ebay. I am not bidding on it, but thought other here would love to see it, if they have not found it already. Lots and lots of pictures to load, but worth it. It is a Wheeler and Wilson, but not like any sewing machine I have ever seen. And not a mess to be fixed either. It does look kinda dangerous to sew on. I bet there was lots of sewn fingers with a machine like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-WHEELER-...25019829724974
Oh my...someday I'm gonna have one of those!! :shock: :thumbup:
Old 06-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by dunster
That poor machine! :cry: It kills me when I see machines treated that way.

Some people just do not value a machine at all.

This is a machine that I am bringing home next week. My DD and I found it at an antique store. We went back today to get pictures of it. It is only $95 for everything!! And the drawers are full of notion and attachments. I talked to the lady who was selling it. It belonged to her niece's grandmother and the niece didn't want it. My mouth almost hit the ground.

It is a Singer Teach and Sew, # AP 627028. It purrs like a kitten too!!
And it is in the De Luxe Desk Model #42 cabinet like the one I saw the 301 in. Except the one I saw had darker wood on the handles and accent line of wood.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Katia
Really? I had no idea. That is good to know. It does not seem to be as heavy as some machines.

Oh, I meant to post this earlier, but I found the most amazing machine on Ebay. I am not bidding on it, but thought other here would love to see it, if they have not found it already. Lots and lots of pictures to load, but worth it. It is a Wheeler and Wilson, but not like any sewing machine I have ever seen. And not a mess to be fixed either. It does look kinda dangerous to sew on. I bet there was lots of sewn fingers with a machine like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-WHEELER-...25019829724974
Oh my...someday I'm gonna have one of those!! :shock: :thumbup:
That is an amazing machine, I have never seen anything like it. Don't you wish sometimes that videos were available on Youtube to see these things moving? I do. (Perhaps they are and I haven't ever seen them).
Old 06-20-2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by dunster
That poor machine! :cry: It kills me when I see machines treated that way.

Some people just do not value a machine at all.

This is a machine that I am bringing home next week. My DD and I found it at an antique store. We went back today to get pictures of it. It is only $95 for everything!! And the drawers are full of notion and attachments. I talked to the lady who was selling it. It belonged to her niece's grandmother and the niece didn't want it. My mouth almost hit the ground.

It is a Singer Teach and Sew, # AP 627028. It purrs like a kitten too!!
And it is in the De Luxe Desk Model #42 cabinet like the one I saw the 301 in. Except the one I saw had darker wood on the handles and accent line of wood.
Thank you for the information! I have been trying to find some on the internet with no luck. I can't wait to get it home!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM

OMG what a beautiful machine!!! I wonder how much it would take getting used to sewing sideways.
Sharon
Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 PM

I got these at an estate sale today. These two followed momma home for father's day. :-D There were six machines and I promised all of them a home but will have to get the other 4 tomorrow. The first picture is a Free and The 2nd machine is a wheeler and wilson. :D 8-) The Wheeler and Wilson is almost like the one listed above they have on ebay. But no where near the same price. This one has an oak cab. More pictures of the family tomorrow.

Free
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89053[/ATTACH]

All the attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89054[/ATTACH]

inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89055[/ATTACH]

Wheeler & Wilson, 1856 Bridgeport Ct. has glass presser foot and curved needle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89056[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-89046.jpe   attachment-89048.jpe   attachment-89049.jpe   attachment-89050.jpe   attachment-89051.jpe  

attachment-89052.jpe   attachment-89053.jpe   attachment-89054.jpe  
Old 06-20-2010, 03:14 PM

WoW! Crossstitcher, beautiful parlor cabinet and look at all of those attachments. Congratulations. :-P
Old 06-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
I got these at an estate sale today. These two followed momma home for father's day. :-D There were six machines and I promised all of them a home but will have to get the other 4 tomorrow. The first picture is a Free and The 2nd machine is a wheeler and wilson. :D 8-) The Wheeler and Wilson is almost like the one listed above they have on ebay. But no where near the same price. This one has an oak cab. More pictures of the family tomorrow.
Man you talk about the luck I need to fall off into something like that....Wait a second I did, thanks to my dear friend in Kansas!!!

Billy
Old 06-20-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Wow! How come I only find the less than pretty ones at the sales I find?
Sharon W