Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM

Question - I'm getting to clean some machines. Do I wax the Godzilla finish on the 128 or leave it more textured? Mine has no decals. Would it look better shiny or unshiny?
Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=miriam;4631995]
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Do you mean a picture of a big tote full of accessories? Or do you want me to sort them out??? I got some of them sorted out.... I bought a wooden drawer unit a couple years ago - it only has 42 drawers and they are stuffed. There has to be a better way to organize this stuff.
How about a parts bin unit? They are open top little plastic boxes that slide in and out of a shelf unit, and you can label the fronts. You can get small ones that sit on a table at the big box home improvement stores.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Question - I'm getting to clean some machines. Do I wax the Godzilla finish on the 128 or leave it more textured? Mine has no decals. Would it look better shiny or unshiny?
NO!! Unshiny was original. Not made to be shiny at all!!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

The wooden thing works ok but I can't see what is in the drawers - I think I need a label system. This thing is a nice size. I have needle plates for looks like T & S and manuals too...
Old 11-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
Not that I ever expect to see this post again, sigh, but thought I would tell you I found two cabinets today with the prongs still attached, and my little Olson fit into the smaller one. Darn. Oh, I am sooo glad to have it in the cabinet, but the other one, which was only a half inch too big, has a motor and wiring attached, and I was hoping to be able to use it to run the Olson. Of course, I guess I could move it to the other machine, huh? Dh is not handy with that sort of thing, and lately I seem to do myself bodily harm at least once a day....but my next door neighbor has advertised handyman services. Hmmmm.
Go for it....we all need to learn to use those screwdrivers, etc. Those old machines were really pretty simple, so it shouldn't be a big deal to change the motor to the other cab. Don't worry....we're here to cheer you on!!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51 View Post
I saw this on CL and was thinking about sending Lisa over to get it for me, that is a great deal on the machine whether its got a cracked base or not. Welding is not an option because you would ruin the finish so I would not even attempt that one. I would imagine that you could use the machine if you wanted to crack or no crack.

Billy
I'm a little late jumping in on this...

My advise is don't buy it, Billy. IF you're buying it for a collection, you know that condition is everything and you just can fix a cracked base.

~Cindy
Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I believe I have an old manual for that machine- at least it looks just like that machine. It says Necchi BU. Looks like it will be a very nice machine. The machine will need to stay in that cabinet - I 'm thinking they don't interchange with anything else - but I've been wrong before....
I'd sure like to find a manual for mine. It sews quieter than my new Bernina, but I don't know how to make it do all the things that it can do.

Texas Jan
Old 11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
I'm a little late jumping in on this...

My advise is don't buy it, Billy. IF you're buying it for a collection, you know that condition is everything and you just can fix a cracked base.

~Cindy
Well it all depends on the rarity and where the crack is, but I have a MOP Frister and Rossman handcrank with a crack in it and it is not even where it can be seen or effect the operation of the machine. The fact that it is a Mother of Pearl embellished machine makes it worth buying and its all in what you like and want. But since this machine is a non Singer makes it more desirable to me.

Billy
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
Fellow VSM members:

I am on the lookout for 2 items. If anyone spots these or has these for sale, please PM me:

Japanese clone of Singer Model 15 (non-black)

Bentwood domed machine case (for my Singer 66 handcrank)

Thanks!!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8834787 is a pretty blue clone, with the chrome trim around the stitch regulator and such. I have two blue ones, because blue is my favorite color. One is two-toned, but one is almost like this one.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

There is a guy on ebay or was that sold reproduction Bentwood cases in 3 different finishes. I will try to find them tonite after dinner and see if I can post the listing.

Billy