Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The shoulder is a bit of everything - the chiropractor put it back but there is still some pain - I've had it massaged and iced, Tiger Balm, Arnica, Biofreeze and I take Ribose - but I keep using it wrong. lifting at work, GKs yanking on it, heavy sewing machines, Gks climbing, everyday activities, GKs.... pulling heavy carts at work...
I have (3) 301s. A mocha long bed and a mocha short bed and a very nice 2 tone. The long bed is in a case the other two have cradles. My sister has 2 or 3 too - I think she got a couple black. I'm not keeping mine. I like my clone better.
I have no idea why, but out of all my 5 301's, my two-tone is my least favorite. I've just not bonded with it. I should probably give it more sewing time, but I seem to grab one of the other ones first.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Let me see what I have here Margie...I'll check when I get home from work!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Charlee, I am glad you told us about the 16 different heights of the feet.
I need feet for the paw foot machine, I think it is a new home.
The top of my only foot is the same height of a #2 pencil.
If any one has a spare set, please let me know.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM

I don't need it, but I want it....or do I? I saw a Singer treadle base for sale on CL for $25. All the parts seem to be there, peddle, etc...no top. No, I don't really have a machine for it, but I could just make a top, cut a hole and drop one of the orphaned machines in...couldn't I? Can a White sit on a Singer base?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Wow!! The Spousal Unit has been traveling this past week, road trip to Illinois, and he just flew in about an hour ago. I think I told you all about the needles and shuttle he found, most of the tubes are a Boye 4, and from what I understand, I can make them work in my Davis. I'll be testing that theory later...

There's a tube with 2 Boye 8 needles, 2 Boye 17 shuttles (Laura says they work in the Davis NVF!), and a Boye 21... let me know if you need any of these! He also found me another cabinet key for a treadle...AND!!!!

This! It measures 11 1/2 inches tall by 8 3/4 inches wide. Not off of treadle irons that I can see...the only "ground" spots I can find would be the sprues where they poured the hot iron to make it. I had been telling him that I wanted to find advertising to decorate the sewing room with, and he saw this so he brought it home to me!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]353250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_6694-592x800-.jpg   100_6696-800x600-.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Very cool! It's so nice that he does this for you!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Charlee;
Love the signage for your wall. I'd love to have something like that.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM

Charlee, that is one SPECIAL piece of metal! What an amazing husband you have, and deserve.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Gorgeous!!

Well i got another call from the lady with the museum machines. She has a collector coming for everything left so offered me a last trip to get what i wanted. I picked up that 301 for Jan in cabinet for 20 bucks and brought home (i think) 10 machine heads for another 60 bucks. Pics tomorrow. Id have gotten more but still 100 degrees outside and i got sick so came on home.

Ill meet Jan in the morning to give her the 301 and her w&w irons. Hopefully she will enjoy a new.toy to play with

I got a Damascus, white rotary portable, Minnesota, 66, 2- 201s one is centennial badge, industrial singer, victorian singer, wheeler wilson 9, one of those pink atlas, another couple.that escape me.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
I don't need it, but I want it....or do I? I saw a Singer treadle base for sale on CL for $25. All the parts seem to be there, peddle, etc...no top. No, I don't really have a machine for it, but I could just make a top, cut a hole and drop one of the orphaned machines in...couldn't I? Can a White sit on a Singer base?
I have some treadle bases with no tops. I figure on taking the top off a newer cabinet and fitting it onto the treadle. I did it with my 401G already. No problems.