Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM

can anyone tell me what a featherweeight in great shape is worth, siggn says its a 1951? i m using phone in bad area so cant really search. they want $350 but will take offers
Old 10-09-2010, 09:44 AM

If I can figure out how to attach a picture of the Franklin machine my dh just got me in a yard sale. It will be here. This poor thing had been truly abused. Left in a garage, was full of mud dobbers under the draws. The top is like a veneer and it must have been wet at some time and is lifting in one spot other than that it's in fairly good shape. There are items that go to it and I have no idea what they are. It had an electric motor on it but, when we checked it out it blew our circuit breaker. I really don't care about the electric part just wanted a treadle machine like I had growing up and used in home ec classes.Dh paid $35.00 for this and even if it didn't work I'd still love it because he thought of me, and that is special.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97695.jpe   attachment-97935.jpe  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 AM

Does anyone know if a 1/4" foot is made to fit a 66-16and if so where I might find one? Went too take pics of my new gal but the batteries were all dead in my camera. I will be getting some later today.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 AM

Hey, I did it!!Yea!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 AM

i just looked at a franklin, im going back to make an offer a little later, how much did u get yours for? this one is s treadle, the cabinet is bad
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
If I can figure out how to attach a picture of the Franklin machine my dh just got me in a yard sale. It will be here.
Hey--I have that machine in a small treadle:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55457783uBBJuT

Copy of the manual here:

http://www.ismacs.net/domestic/manua...ng-shuttle.pdf
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mary M
Does anyone know if a 1/4" foot is made to fit a 66-16and if so where I might find one? Went too take pics of my new gal but the batteries were all dead in my camera. I will be getting some later today.
Any low shank SS foot will work on the side clamping 66. I use either a "Little Foot" or this one:

http://www.april1930s.com/html/quart...k_attachm.html

or the one with a guide.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
If I can figure out how to attach a picture of the Franklin machine my dh just got me in a yard sale. It will be here. This poor thing had been truly abused. Left in a garage, was full of mud dobbers under the draws. The top is like a veneer and it must have been wet at some time and is lifting in one spot other than that it's in fairly good shape. There are items that go to it and I have no idea what they are. It had an electric motor on it but, when we checked it out it blew our circuit breaker. I really don't care about the electric part just wanted a treadle machine like I had growing up and used in home ec classes.Dh paid $35.00 for this and even if it didn't work I'd still love it because he thought of me, and that is special.
Very nice gift that your DH gave you. Just take the motor off, clean her up, and purchase a belt for her, she will work for you. The beauty of the old machines is that they can always be converted back to treadle. Your cabinet doesn't look that bad.
Have fun with your treadle!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM

Thank you very much for the info. I am glad thy are making the foots to use with the old machines.

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Mary M
Any low shank SS foot will work on the side clamping 66. I use either a "Little Foot" or this one:

http://www.april1930s.com/html/quart...k_attachm.html

or the one with a guide.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

Here is a 66 that I cobbled together from a couple of parts machines. This is the one Kenz sent me for the handwheel to fix Honcheys Red Eye with. The machine was way out of time (I think they tried to sew through 1/4" plywood with it) but once I retimed the little fellow it sews like crazy!! I am sewing a denim quilt with it and it doesnt even slow down when it hits the multi layers! :thumbup:

And in the last photo is the treadle from the W&W D9 I bought that I am going to put a Singer cabinet to put my 9W in and put it in with my collection in the house. Its been freshly painted and its waiting on the wooden pitman arm to finish drying before I put it on.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100606.jpe   attachment-100685.jpe   attachment-100686.jpe   attachment-100687.jpe