Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Great chair, Glenn.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Remember a few pages back I wrote that my DH and DS brought home a featherweight that was born in my birth year? Well when we looked up the serial number I found out it was born on my birthday as well. How cool is that? DH said he wouldn't take a $1000.00 for it now. He's an old softy anyway. It's still in good working condition more than I can say about myself.
Wow, I want to get a FW from my birth year too -- but, to find one from the exact date -- that is too bizzarre!

Although, my Singer 9W has my birthday month and day as the patent date on it -- and, we were looking at two treadles for my birthday the day we bought it! I thought that was pretty bizzarre too!

Nancy
Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I thought you might like to see my sewing chair I use with the redeye. It was the chair my wife's grandma used when she sewed with the redeye. It was already painted so I just spruced it up a bit. Glenn
Glenn,
That chair looks great!
Sharon W.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 PM

Wednesday of last week I bought a "new" Singer coffin top treadle from a Craig's list seller. I paid a bit more than I
really wanted to, but I really wanted the cabinet. Some time
in its long life, someone removed the hinge pins that the machine goes on. Does anyone have a pair? There is a picture
of the cabinet and the holes where they go. The holes measure 5/8", haven't found any on Ebay or locally as they're all too big.
The bottom picture is my solution to the problem of no light on the machine, it works great and didn't cost me
anything extra as DH had an extra head lamp.
Sharon Weaver
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93089.jpe   attachment-93094.jpe   attachment-93530.jpe   attachment-93603.jpe  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
Billy, You Will not beleive this but it is taken with my digital camera, scanned and then printed out on paper and applied to the chair with several coats of shellac. You have to have a steady hand to take the picture under the arm of the redeye. It took several trys. Glenn
Very inventive Glenn - great idea.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

I like your set up for the 237M I have one out in the studio that I am going to use in my treadle out there. The neat thing about this machine was the motor was an option and it was a treadled model right out of the box! See we have the right idea about using the machine.

I might have the hinges out in the studio let me check for you.

Billy
Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Glenn I really dig the chair, you did a super great job!!

Billy
Old 10-21-2010, 02:46 PM

I am now looking for a chair for my lotus decaled 66 so I can make a chair for it. Thank I am glad you like the chair. Glenn
Old 10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

Glenn that is a really good idea and I bet you can find the right chair at a thrift store or garage sale. Heck I bet you could sell them and do pretty good at it too! :-D

Billy
Old 10-21-2010, 03:18 PM

help igot this sewing at thrift store its number is ah805701 numbers on other side are cat b2 6/8 ssau52/162 elsebeth n.j. thank you so very much suzieQ