Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mary M
I would like to have some info. on an older machine. The serial no. is AH764427 Thanks
The Singer link on the information about their sewing machines:
http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

So, if yours is a Singer here is the information:
AH763121-798120 model is 15 they made 35000 on Sept 20 1948
Old 10-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Can we see a pic please? The original CL has been deleted.
Yes, I will post pictures tomorrow. We spent all afternoon getting this new FW un-jammed (is that a word?). It had a ton of thread wound around the bobbin casing. We went to the repair shop and got a new cord/plug -- that is all that was wrong with this machine -- besides being totally jammed up -- someone had tried to wire a different plug on the cord and ruined the cord. So for $14 we got a new cord, plugged it in, and for a total of $89 I now have a 1953 FW that runs perfect!

I am so excited to be able to get a FW for under $100! I now have my class machine thanks to Vintagemotif!

Nancy
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

I am hoping someone will have the answer for me. Is the Kayanee sew master sewing machine made in Germany a childs machine or is it just a little machine the way a featherwight looks like a childs and isn't?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Yes, I will post pictures tomorrow. We spent all afternoon getting this new FW un-jammed (is that a word?). It had a ton of thread wound around the bobbin casing. We went to the repair shop and got a new cord/plug -- that is all that was wrong with this machine -- besides being totally jammed up -- someone had tried to wire a different plug on the cord and ruined the cord. So for $14 we got a new cord, plugged it in, and for a total of $89 I now have a 1953 FW that runs perfect!

I am so excited to be able to get a FW for under $100! I now have my class machine thanks to Vintagemotif!

Nancy
You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by BoJangles

Nancy
You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!
Doing a Happy Dance for you Bo - what an incredible price!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 AM

Than you for the information. Now to find a picture of it.

Originally Posted by Mary M
I would like to have some info. on an older machine. The serial no. is AH764427 Thanks
The Singer link on the information about their sewing machines:
http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

So, if yours is a Singer here is the information:
AH763121-798120 model is 15 they made 35000 on Sept 20 1948
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Nancy,
I'm so happy for you!! The least I've ever paid for a working Featherweight is $175, it just needed a good cleaning and oiling.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Well here are a couple pictures of my new 1953 Featherweight! It is in really great shape -- I can't wait to take it with me to classes! These FW's are so cute, they look like toys! I still can't believe I got a FW for under $100 even after buying a new cord/plug!

Thank yo again Vintagemotif for thinking of me! I will enjoy!

Nancy

My new 1953 Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104541[/ATTACH]

1953 Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104536.jpe   attachment-105278.jpe  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I dont know but I just made him an offer for all of them! Hopefully I can get them here so I can play with them.

Billy
Wow Billy, let us know if you get those machines and what they do!!!

Nancy
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am hoping someone will have the answer for me. Is the Kayanee sew master sewing machine made in Germany a childs machine or is it just a little machine the way a featherwight looks like a childs and isn't?
I just did a search on Google and the Kayanee Sew Master comes up as a child's machine made around the 1940's in Germany. It is a cute little machine that takes batteries and has a had crank.

Nancy