Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 AM

I have made several of Debbie Caffrey's mystery quilts. They were lots of fun to make. There used to be a quilt shop in town that offered a free mystery quilt every year.
It ran from February to July and the unveiling of our finished tops/quilts was in October. Here is the first one I made.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719KoLRNb

Sharon W.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I have made several of Debbie Caffrey's mystery quilts. They were lots of fun to make. There used to be a quilt shop in town that offered a free mystery quilt every year.
It ran from February to July and the unveiling of our finished tops/quilts was in October. Here is the first one I made.

Sharon W.
Wow, that is a beautiful quilt!

Nancy
Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Sharon W.

Nancy
Thank you ! :D
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Sharon W.

Nancy
Thank you ! :D
Sharon,
That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Beautiful mystery quilt Sharon.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM

[quote=Icandothat]
Originally Posted by Icandothat
I am looking at and considering buying a Singer 328K with several attachments. Does anyone have advice?
I love this group. Thanks for your input.
I did a little research. The 328K was made in the early 60's in Great Britain. It has cams, has medal gears not plastic. I saw two for sale: one was listed for $299, the other one for $250. The machines I saw pictured were really pretty machines. If you get one post a picture of it for all of us.

Thanks, Nancy. I am trying to work out the logistics of going to see this machine.
That's a LOT of money for a 328. There's one on Ebay right now for $20 that has no bids.
Some 328's have a knock-out plug in the front so they can be treadled. That's why I have had one in my basement for the past few years. . . . .I can assure you I didn't pay anything NEAR $200 for mine!!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Love all these machines. I have 2 white rotaries, so I bookmarked that site, can't wait to get the serial numbers and see what they are. Thanks for the great pictures.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

That's a LOT of money for a 328. There's one on Ebay right now for $20 that has no bids.
Some 328's have a knock-out plug in the front so they can be treadled. That's why I have had one in my basement for the past few years. . . . .I can assure you I didn't pay anything NEAR $200 for mine!!
Miz Johnny I know that is a lot of money for a 328, but here is another one on e-bay -- they are asking $236! I don't know why people think these 328's are worth so much! I wouldn't pay that much, if you just do the leg work and 'hunt' you can always find a good deal . . . . at least so far I have been lucky enough to find very good deals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SINGER-3...item43a2a92a79

They sure are pretty though!

Nancy
Old 11-05-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Miz Johnny I know that is a lot of money for a 328, but here is another one on e-bay -- they are asking $236! I don't know why people think these 328's are worth so much! I wouldn't pay that much, if you just do the leg work and 'hunt' you can always find a good deal . . . . at least so far I have been lucky enough to find very good deals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SINGER-3...item43a2a92a79

They sure are pretty though!

Nancy
Well, you know--you can ASK anything you want. Getting it is something else altogether!! LOL!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Sharon W.
Very pretty quilt Sharon you did a good job.

:thumbup: