Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM

I just came across this FW on eBay and was wondering if it is a myth or is this the real deal. What do you think Billy or anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Urban-Legend-Sin...item1c125a75ed
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 PM

SewExtreme you are very welcome.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Billy,

I have the 603-A manual. If you think it will help you at all, I would be happy to post it. I also have the catalog showing the different cabinets available for the 603-A that Singer offered to the purchasers. Is anyone interested in that being posted?

Jan, could you please show a complete pic of your cabinet opened and closed? I think it is almost the same as mine on page 6 here.
I didn't forget about you wvdek.

I just can't get at the machine right now. Here is a picture I got when I was going to buy it. I hope this helps.

Singer 201-2 Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64222[/ATTACH]

Singer 201-2 Sewing Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64229[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64217.jpe   attachment-64224.jpe  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I just came across this FW on eBay and was wondering if it is a myth or is this the real deal. What do you think Billy or anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Urban-Legend-Sin...item1c125a75ed
Oh boy another one popping up. I dont know about this one. It looks like it was cobbled together and was refinished sometime in its life. The machine is a different color than the bed extension and the blackside finish looks fake on the faceplate because they never cleared over the finish. I honestly do not know about this one.

Its no secret you can copy a blackside finish if you know what your doing. I do it all of the time. You just have to know the formula when you mix the paint. But with the price is at $32 which would be a deal and a half for a FW any day.

But this machine will sell low because of the "If " factor.

Billy
Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 AM

Thank you, that would be awsome. I would like to see what orginal looks like. I know that at some point the machine had to have been used.

I know there are people who spend tons for perfect antique items, but I just want a great straight stitch machine for piecing. And love old things.

By the way you are a terrible influence I am waiting on delvery of a Pink Forbes & Wallace, I fell in love when I discovered several machines in pink. 'Course I also love the blue, brown and tan, the flat black, you have created a monster.

And plan to look at a treadle when we return from vacation if it is still available (its an old Franklin). My MIL health is failing fast, in less than a year she has gone from working part-time to a scooter and oxygen tank. We are taking her on a cruise. Snorking is a life long dream of hers. I will be MIA for 10 days or so starting tomorrow.

Billy, thank you so much for all that you do. You are saving pieces of our history from the landfill and preserving them for future generations. I truly appreciate the time an effort this takes.

Blessings,

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64608.jpe  
Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 AM

Well, I did it again, I bought that treadle I looked at yesterday. Will pick it up tomorrow so will post photos once I get her here. Still have to pick up the Necchi I bought a week or so ago.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 AM

How hard is it to find the spring on the Model 66 for the bobbin winder? I think the parts number is 15286. How expensive are they?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 AM

Glenn, Do you still have the long bobbin? I sure could use that in my new machine. Thanks,

TERRYL
Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM

Hello again..........
A couple of weeks ago hubby & I were hitting all the yard sales in the area. We found this at one and I noticed it was different. The patina is awesome and I realized the color is unusual as well. Olive drab green.
I did look on Needlebar for some info on it. I found several electric ones similar, but no treadle heads.
Can you guys tell me anything about this pretty baby?

Thank you and blessings to all,
Sandi
Attached Thumbnails attachment-65848.jpe   attachment-65867.jpe   attachment-65868.jpe  
Old 05-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by summerstorm
By the way you are a terrible influence I am waiting on delvery of a Pink Forbes & Wallace, I fell in love when I discovered several machines in pink. 'Course I also love the blue, brown and tan, the flat black, you have created a monster.

And plan to look at a treadle when we return from vacation if it is still available (its an old Franklin). My MIL health is failing fast, in less than a year she has gone from working part-time to a scooter and oxygen tank. We are taking her on a cruise. Snorking is a life long dream of hers. I will be MIA for 10 days or so starting tomorrow.

Billy, thank you so much for all that you do. You are saving pieces of our history from the landfill and preserving them for future generations. I truly appreciate the time an effort this takes.

Blessings,

Sharon
Hey not a problem, I love to play around with these old machines and I love the ones you guys keep coming up with. And yes I love the PINK machine!!!! It is a Japanese Model 15 and you can not go wrong with the quality and the reliability of those machines. And the colors are always bright and colorful!!

I hope you have fun on your cruise, I know that MIL will have a blast. If you want I can crawl into one of you bags and you can take me with you!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just from experience, stay away from the Jellies!!! They are no fun when you get stung ask my wife and daughter.

Billy