Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Heehee, Now you are going to get me to reveal my name, but I guess my pseudo avatar name just will not do. So, you get to name the FW -Monica. One day we will all have to meet for coffee or tea somewhere around where Penni lives, or some half way point. Too bad we can't drag all of our vintage machines with us to show them off. But you can bring your white FW. I would like to see that, along with a quilt or two.
-Vintagemotif
Yea! I love that name! From now on my 1953 black FW will be known as Monica! Perfect name for her!

Meeting would be great, but I don't get that way very often unless I am going to some kind of horse event!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by pennijanine
Yes, she will be used, treasured, and loved. And from this day forward, she will be known as Penni! Thank you again for sharing this information this morning. :)
AAAWWW!!! I was just kidding, I hate my name! LOL
I vote for Penni! If I knew what your name was Vintagemotif, I would name my 1953 FW after you since you found that one for me! My Davis VF you found for me, I'd still call Betty. That suits her!

Nancy
Heehee, Now you are going to get me to reveal my name, but I guess my pseudo avatar name just will not do. So, you get to name the FW -Monica. One day we will all have to meet for coffee or tea somewhere around where Penni lives, or some half way point. Too bad we can't drag all of our vintage machines with us to show them off. But you can bring your white FW. I would like to see that, along with a quilt or two.
-Vintagemotif[/quote]

I also have a couple of older ladies I could bring for a show and tell.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
I am trying to take apart a 99K and I need a little help on getting the thread guide off without anymore bloodshed-only took 1 bandaid on the finger. It turns around after using WD-40, I can get it to open and close (if that makes sense) but not slide down the thing-a-ma-bob. Haven't cursed yet!!! lol
Don't know if you mean the thread tension or guide. Please post picture. And I'm sure Billy could help you with this. Talking about Billy, where is our leader of the band?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM

I would love to meet many people and share stories. Maybe a show some time some where.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Decided to jump in here. Old Singer treadle machine sitting in my home for many years and just opened it up to dust inside and saw how pretty it is. In the process of looking for a belt found out that it was made in 1910. Ordered the belt and some new needles and will see if it still works as soon as they come. Attaching a picture. Could not find a model number anywhere. It was one of 25000 allotted Nov 10 1910 and made in Eliabethport factory in Elizabeth NJ.
Pretty machine! Congrats!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
I would love to meet many people and share stories. Maybe a show some time some where.
I keep saying Miz Johnny's house. That would be fun, a meet up! But I wouldn't be able to drag my machines with me to show off. So, one of my quilts that I have pieced and quilted with my vintage machines would have to do.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Don't know if you mean the thread tension or guide. Please post picture. And I'm sure Billy could help you with this. Talking about Billy, where is our leader of the band?
Can't swear to it, but after chatting with Billy on another thread, he may be out of town for a few days. I'll bet he's got a computer with him and you'll hear from him soon.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Hello, My name is Catharina,

I am an immigrant from the Netherlands.

I own an old Singer threadle machine and would like to find out if there is a place where I can buy parts.

Any assist welcome.

Thank you very much.

Catharina :-D
Old 01-17-2011, 12:23 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Catharina
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by misseva
I think the cloth around the machine was used as a pin cushion.
I really wish they wouldn't do things like that! The poor machines have a bad case of pin rash under that piece of cloth. :(