Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Nancy-congratulations on your new white 221. Have you had the time to try it out?
No, I have not had the time to play with her. She is the white/green cast FW 1964. Her case is in great shape, no musty smell. I got her with the attachments, book, case and some vintage needles, etc. I will take pictures as soon as I can. I am like Randa, I have not told Hubby about her so I am keeping her under wraps right now!

Nancy
I am sewing on my FW garbage find. Nice little machine. I have a few machines that I am keeping out of sight ......I have a family member who likes to say to me "You can only sew on one machine at a time". What narrow-mindedness!
I have one of those in my family too. "Oh, just what we need, another machine" is his favorite line. He says the same about fabric.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by oldhag
This Ad is intriguing me. If I post this link right, take a look at the treadle cabinet and see if anyone recognizes the style of it. I am sure it's not a Singer but .... . I wonder if there is a machine inside of it? http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ253358153
I just love pictures like this one: here is a machine along with a corner of the room. And then the machine is in a box and the box sits on a treadle, but most likely the treadle isn't for sell. Looks like a Singer 15 series, but since it is the back of a machine and foot pedal is sitting on machine it is hard to tell (would be nice to see decals). The treadle may be a White. I'm still learning how to identify treadles. Looks like the treadle is missing its pitman rod and the treadle foot is on backwards, or maybe resting on the floor. You will just have to send a message to the poster to find out if a machine is inside the treadle.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 AM

[quote=redpurselady][quote=PunkQuilter][quote=BoJangles]

I have one of those in my family too. "Oh, just what we need, another machine" is his favorite line. He says the same about fabric.
I have a couple of them too. My mom and she use to sew her own clothes. My sister says "you are turning into one of them", but she doesn't sew at all, never.
At least my husband is cool with it.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
I do not have a vintage machine yet but am looking for (I think) a 201. I have a cabinet from MIL that I have seen with various 201's but she ditched the machine ages ago because it was so heavy. So I want to put one back in it.

I'm not sure what age of machine to hunt though. She got it in the late 40's and I like the scroll plates better. But, I was born in 1952 so it might be cool to have one my age. Then there are the Centennials.
ssgramma...be sure to measure the opening in your cabinet (lengthwise); you just MIGHT have a rare one (12-13 inches) in which only a 3/4 size machine will fit
Old 01-18-2011, 09:56 AM

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=redpurselady][quote=PunkQuilter]

I have a couple of them too. My mom and she use to sew her own clothes. My sister says "you are turning into one of them", but she doesn't sew at all, never.
At least my husband is cool with it.
I have one in my family also and some friends say the same thing "another machine you can only sew on one at a time".
DH is into these old Ladies more than I am. He can't seem to pass any of them up. There are some people I wouldn't want them to know how many machines we have collected just since last May. They would think we were off our rocker.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM

[I have one in my family also and some friends say the same thing "another machine you can only sew on one at a time".
DH is into these old Ladies more than I am. He can't seem to pass any of them up. There are some people I wouldn't want them to know how many machines we have collected just since last May. They would think we were off our rocker.[/quote]

Well, since I became a follower of this topic, I have acquired 7 senior ladies :-D
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 AM

I keep thinking, one more. I wanted a featherweight, real bad, I now have two. Love love love them. Then I got a 201, even DH says it is great. I just ordered a 99, am bidding on a 66 and lost a 301. I think I might have a problem! LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
I wanted a featherweight, real bad, I now have two. Love love love them. Then I got a 201, even DH says it is great.

Buslady:
Compare the FW with the 201 as far as ease of portability goes. Doesn't the 201 weigh half again as much as the FW? I'm looking for something to carry on and off an RV.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Think the FW weighs around 11 pounds. And they are sooo cute! :-)
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Nancy, It has feed dogs and the shuttle says davis. So it must not be a VF. Thanks Glenn
Well Glenn if your shuttle says Davis you should be good to go!

No it is not a vertical feed if it has feed dogs. I tried to find a free manual on line for the Pathfinder, but didn't come up with anything for that machine.

Maybe, someone else has a manual or knows where you can get one for the Pathfinder?

Nancy
Nancy, I have two free machines. I don't know if they are called Pathfinder or not but I do have two manuals. I am posting a picture of the machines from the manuals so see if your looks like one of these.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163018.jpe