Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your Vintage Wishlist?

Blog Entries

Cool What's on your Vintage Wishlist?

If anyone had told me a few years ago that I would covet vintage sewing machines.....well, I'd have most definitely told them they were crazy. But then on 24 Dec 2010 I finally managed to come out on the winning end of an auction on ebay and bought a 1952 featherweight. I'd heard so many folks through the years say how great they stitched so I decided to try one. I bid on FWs for 3 months until that winning night. I figured I got lucky as it was christmas eve and most folks would be celebrating with family. I have a spouse and fur kids and not much else.....so it proved to be the luck I needed to finally become an owner of a FW. Sadly, the person I bought my FW from must have been from some remote planet as his packaging job caused my FW to arrive severely damaged. He of course refused to even reimburse me for parts.....so you guessed it....back to ebay to buy parts, then of course another machine, then another.....well, I have a dozen 221s and one 222. What I've been hoping to find now are a singer treadle and a hand crank. My favorite decal is the Lotus. So, that's what's on my wish list. How bout telling me about what's on yours?

On my wish list is an aluminium Singer 201K. I would love a 301 but we don't have them here in the UK.

I hope you find what you are looking for soon.

Clare

Blog Entries
    Ok Clare.....now I'm googling the 201Ks.....lol. Like I need another excuse to look for vintages machines......I'll let you know what I find out there!

We have many machines. I love to play with those that have the zig zag capability but I prefer the look of the old black straight stitch machines.
    The one machine that fits my vintage wish list is a Singer 206K ( I think it's a K) It's black and looks like the old straight stitch machines but is actually a ZZ.

Joe

I'm on the hunt for a good working model Singer treadle to leave set up and do quilt piecing on.
    I've watched craigslist and ebay for about 6 months (in my area) and no joy.
    So I put an ad in the shopper paper this week.

Had several calls but 'the' machine to make my heart sing hasn't shown up yet.

KalamaQuilts,

Don't turn away from a less than perfect example. Wood can be fixed as can a machine that's been neglected. The old Singers just don't break. I've got 5 functional treadles and 7 heads so they're out there.

Also keep your eyes on Good Will auctions, they have them quite often. Usually in Tacoma but road trips are nice.
    Here's a Singer mdl 27 ( I think ) in Tacoma: { http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=12054955 }.

Joe

I am too non-discriminating to have a want list! I like Japanese clones, and have no Brothers yet. Although I do have an Atlas, and that is a brother clone. No more 66's, 221s, or 222s needed. I would love more machines that are like 15 clones, but have the tension on the front...
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

I got my first (and only) vintage machine a few months ago. It is a Singler 99. I came across it so unexpenctantly. If I ever come across a different vintage machine I would probably buy it too.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

A nice Singer no. 21 drawing room cabinet in light oak heads my list. If it housed a wings decaled 115 or 201k in excellent shape then so much the better. Other than that, hand crank machines and eventually a Pfaff 130 (either treadle or hand crank).

I'd like a Featherweight cabinet and a 222 Featherweight. Both are practically non existent in this part of Ontario. I've seen a couple for sale on Kijiji at very high prices so both are likely to stay on my wish list.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Blog Entries
    I am a recent convert to the vintage sewing machine addiction. It started with a featherweight bought at an onsite auction. She purred when running, and her stitches, oh my, perfect. Then I added one for every decade - still trying to find one born in 1947 - I will when the time is right. Then this fall - the call of the treadle machine - oh no - yes, again it started, heart pounding, hands sweating - got to have a treadle fix. This past weekend I got my first Singer treadle, a sphinx serial # G288347, from 1910-13 - just brought her home today. I will be learning how to clean her, hubby will be tuning her up - I will post pictures later this week - lovely lady. But, my hope is to find a Singer red eye treadle in tip top condition. She is out there somewhere for me - the red eye siren!!!
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Blog Entries
    Shelbie I like your wish list...mine would be the same...I would even settle for a cheap 221. Not sure if that exists.

I think I would like cabinets for my FW and my little Spartan. I don't want the card table thing, but would love cabinets. I think the machines are just so cute, they need something cute to reside in, as well!

I too want a FW 222-----I have been looking but haven't found one I can afford yet-----

I started with the Featherweight wish, got two, one for each of my grand daughters, I still have one of them, then stumbled onto a Singer 99K in a cabinet at a flea market, but my desire was a 66 redeye. Got one nearby in a bentwood case and loved it, but no reverse or feed drop option, so further research on here gave me the intense desire for the 15-91, which I also recently gifted to myself in a good bentwood case....in the midst of this reserch I've seen the Sphinx decals on machines and saw some lovely Japanese models with these decals in perfect condition from the 1980s, I think...that is next on my wish list...I use all of them and they make me smile every day.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

I would love a pink Atlas in VG condition, have only seen them on Ebay, none in these parts.

A Lotus 27

I'm on the hunt for a pfaff 130 in good shape.

A Singer treadle. I'd prefer something that requires class 15 or 66 bobbins and 15 x1 needles.
    Last edited by pennycandy; 12-16-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, there is a nice variety of machines on wish lists. I now have some new things to study up on. Keep your wishes coming.

Blog Entries
    A Singer 301a! I would love it to be a black long bed. Also a pink Atlas. And a 222. But if none of those happen, I feel blessed to have the vintage machines I do own! I love all of them and use a vintage every day.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    on my wish list? one I haven't messed with...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

I would love a hand crank or when my hubby talks me into spending a weekend at a civil war reenactment

Oh my, a wish list? Well all I can think of that I REALLY want is a Necchi BU or Nova and a Singer 301 A. And most of all since I could be considered Vintage, more time to play with the machines I already own.
    Sweet Caroline

Black 301 either long or short bed.
    Bernina 830
    Another Featherweight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast