Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
White Rotary 41 - Several Interesting Differences >

White Rotary 41 - Several Interesting Differences

White Rotary 41 - Several Interesting Differences

Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 AM

One other thing my machine has a completely different "clutch" set up. mine just has a spring loaded lever that engages a notch in the hand wheel .... anyone know when that change came about ?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518389[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag1657%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 04-30-2015, 11:43 AM

These are picturs pulled off my photobucket account. It might be a while before I have time to take better ones.

These are all White machines, though not all rotaries. I won't include the post WW2 ones. ( so far I have 3 of them) I do have plates for the all, most of these pictures were taken right after they came home, and the plates were removed for safe transport.

I can't believe I don't have any nicer pictures of this one!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:57 PM

Video on threading machine -- for a 43 but think same as yours. Starts with winding the bobbin, then moves to threading. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eiKXCjv80
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 PM

J Miller - I appreciate your comments on the post and I'm glad if the pictures are sized conveniently for you.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM

macybaby - You have some beautiful White machines. I appreciate the chance to look, since I've not had much chance to study them. The one sort of in the middle of the group, with the cord wrapped around it, appears to be very similar to the one I posted. I especially like the machine right underneath it. And the fiddle-base at the very top. And.. and.. I like them all.

I looked for a long time at the group of pictures you posted, I believe eleven. Thank you so much for sharing them.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:55 PM

greywuuf - The picture of the disassembled needle housing was exactly what I needed to see. Exactly. I can see by the wheel and eccentric remaining on the arm that the timing shouldn't be affected by taking it apart. I just needed to see. So thank you very much.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:56 PM

yobrosew - Thank you for the YouTube link, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but it sounds like just what I need for threading it properly.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Rodney - Thanks for the confirmation that I was seeing the method of disassembly correctly.

You are right about seeing the jig or stand. I'm looking through the photos I took and don't really have a good picture of the stand. I was shooting around it and keeping it out of view as much as I could.

But, I could take some pictures of it if you are interested. Briefly, it holds a sewing machine and allows for easy rotation to any position needed. It saves lifting and turning the machine and propping it up. It also protects the many fragile things protruding from the machine. With everything free and clear, a machine may be run in any position.

Since its really unrelated to this post, I could post another thread if you think it would be of interest. If so, where would be the best place to post it? Here with vintage machines?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:34 PM

In the picture of the needle bar "face" removed.... notice the hole in the main casting... below the "wheel" and to the right of the linkage..... use a pencil through that hole and through the linkage to line it up .... it makes it easier to get the stub of the needle bar installed.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:34 AM

Got to thinking with the "Forgot a machine" thread - and realized I had forgotten one! This one sits under my ironing board. I stand next to it all the time, and forget all about it.

Though with the top on, it looks like this.

I do have the motor and footpedal somewhere. Took them off for safe transport.