Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 1 August 2012 BOM pictures

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    Here is the block I choose to do for August! I'm a Carol Doak fan so I substituted one of her blocks for the one chosen.

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Cajun............WOW!! I love your Carol Doak's block that you just made for your August 2012 BOM block. Like you, I am a big fan of her paper pieced pattern's. Your color's are terrific & your work is really great. I hope you are getting ready for the September block, as I will be posting it after midnight tonight!! Thank you for sharing with all of us.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
    Hmmm____ How am I going to make a purple maple leaf? For those of us planning to use this calendar quilt as a Christmas gift, any chance we could get November and December blocks at the same time so we have a little time to get it finished? Just something to consider.
    Now bibliostone...............what makes you think that the September block is going to be a Maple Leaf? It could also be an Oak Leaf or maybe a house block too. Whatever the choice is, I think purple will be the best color ever for it!! I will be posting the new pattern tonight after midnight, my time. Hope you enjoy it!!

Cajun, that's a gorgeous block!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Thanks everyone! I just flipped through all the pages and the blocks all turned out great! I love paper piecing- I'm doing a Cat in Pumpkin card block right now...boy are those pieces small! lol I barely got August in before Sept..but hey I did make it! lol

Hugs,
    Cajun

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I just flipped through all the pages and the blocks all turned out great! I love paper piecing- I'm doing a Cat in Pumpkin card block right now...boy are those pieces small! lol I barely got August in before Sept..but hey I did make it! lol

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Cajun...........when you finish your Cat in Pumpkin card block, please be sure to share a picture of it with all of us. I am anxious to see how it turns out too!! Good Luck working on it!!

Blog Entries
    Wow! That is awesome. Now, I am really chicken to try paper piecing. Any good resources that you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
    Here's my block, just finished it! My paper piecing is improving so much from the first block I tried. Attachment 353438

Quote Originally Posted by cdroter View Post
    Wow! That is awesome. Now, I am really chicken to try paper piecing. Any good resources that you can recommend?
    Marcia Hohn (Quilter's Cache) has a short tutorial.

http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...tingthree.html

Quote Originally Posted by cdroter View Post
    This is the video I used that taught me to PP. Hope it helps you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I am going to have to wait until my Carol Doak paper-piecing paper arrives to do that Cat in Pumpkin card block. My fabric tears from the tracing paper I've been using.. this block is like 3" x 3" when finish so there are tiny piecings!

Hugs,
    Cajun

Blog Entries
    I am going to have to wait until my Carol Doak paper-piecing paper arrives to do that Cat in Pumpkin card block. My fabric tears from the tracing paper I've been using.. this block is like 3" x 3" when finish so there are tiny piecings!

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Cajun...........thank you so much for the update. We are willing to wait to see a picture of your new block. Good Luck putting it together & share with us when you can. I Know I will be anxiously waiting for your picture posting.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast