Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 August 2012 BOM pictures

Since I got to make my August block early, I had the urge to start putting my blocks together. Since I decided I wanted a square quilt, I am adding a center block which have wreaths for each season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't enjoy paper piecing that much, so I just did a sunny block. All the nice posted blocks are beautiful though. I have alot going on right now, so needed a simple block.
    VickiM...........You did a fantastic job making your bright, sunny & warm quilt block for the month of August 2012. It is perfectly okay that you are not comfortable with PP'ing & chose your own pattern. We just want eveyone to feel good about their blocks & have a quilt they will be proud of at the end of the year. GOOD JOB!! Thank you for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    Since I got to make my August block early, I had the urge to start putting my blocks together. Since I decided I wanted a square quilt, I am adding a center block which have wreaths for each season.
    Jeanine.............What a great idea adding the extra blocks to make your quilt square, by the end of the year. Your Seasonal Wreath blocks are going to add so much to your quilt. All of your blocks have turned out awesome. We appreciate you sharing a group photo of all of them together. Such inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

Vicki, Love your block. After doing 1 block (and I love PP), and only half finishing another (I'm doing 3 of these for grands) I wish I'd changed course just for the time factor.

Jeanine, All your blocks are pretty. I haven't thought that far ahead

Joyce T

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=mimiknoxtaylor;5443777]Vicki, Love your block. After doing 1 block (and I love PP), and only half finishing another (I'm doing 3 of these for grands) I wish I'd changed course just for the time factor.

Jeanine, All your blocks are pretty. I haven't thought that far ahead [QUOTE]

Hi Mimi............I am just checking in with you today, to see how your three blocks for your grands are coming along for the month of August!! Before you know it, it will be time to post the September BOM for 2012. I know everyone is going to love the choice, as it is so pretty & much quicker to make than this one was. Keep on making your blocks & be sure to share pictures, as you get them done!! I just had to add a little teaser clue for everyone!! Hope everyone is having a Great Day.

​Whew, all caught up!!! Here is my August block.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Very very nice,Jeanie. this block was fun wasn't it. Looking forward to Sept. BOM how about you, not that you are all caught up.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Sulabug, Thanks for checking. Actually I just finished mine today. Still have to take the picture then I'll post it.
    May have to rethink 1 for each girl

Jeanine, All your blocks are pretty. I haven't thought that far ahead

Hi Mimi............I am just checking in with you today, to see how your three blocks for your grands are coming along for the month of August!! Before you know it, it will be time to post the September BOM for 2012. I know everyone is going to love the choice, as it is so pretty & much quicker to make than this one was. Keep on making your blocks & be sure to share pictures, as you get them done!! I just had to add a little teaser clue for everyone!! Hope everyone is having a Great Day.

JeanieG: Very pretty, Gives me the impression of being "sprayed" with warmth.

pal
    I think the August blocks are my favorite. Everyone's blocks are beautiful! Makes me want to try paper pieceing again.
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    JeanieG.............WOW, your August 2012 Calendar BOM block has turned out just beautiful. What a nice job you have done picking out those great colors & fabric's. I Love it so much!! I know you are going to enjoy the September block just as much. Thank you for sharing with all of us here on the Quilting Board. Enjoy your short break.

Yeah! Finally finished Aug. blocks and hopefully they're attached to this post. I'm having a terrible time trying to post pictures

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    I love the fabrics you used for the August block. They are so warm and earthy. Simply love it..
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Yeah! Finally finished Aug. blocks and hopefully they're attached to this post. I'm having a terrible time trying to post pictures
    I love all the variations in colors you used. You have some very beautiful squares. All of them are so very attractive. Great Job!
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Yeah! Finally finished
    Wow! Love your variation of colors for that block. They are very, very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Mimi..........all four of you August blocks are wonderful!! I bet now, you are glad that you have them all done!! I know that I sure would be!! What a gorgeous display of color's. Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I am Linda come Lately... this is my first month doing the block of the month. DH has my sewing table in his workshop while he tries to put the finishing touches on the sewing table he is replicating. Hope to get sewing tomorrow. I love pp. Everyone's blocks look great! I love the warm, hot colors.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Welcome Linda, I'll look forward to seeing your August BOM. There are so many little pieces in this block, it took forever to complete!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I wanted to start cutting the fabric and sewing but it looks like I can't...........LOL

Name:  Catonpattern (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  68.1 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I know, my kitty does the same thing, especially when I am trying to quilt a large quilt. He seems to think that all that fabric is just for him. LOL Very beautiful cat Anael!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Ok, I am Linda come Lately... this is my first month doing the block of the month. DH has my sewing table in his workshop while he tries to put the finishing touches on the sewing table he is replicating. Hope to get sewing tomorrow. I love pp. Everyone's blocks look great! I love the warm, hot colors.
    OK, Linda come lately!! It is never to late to start with the block of the month & we are so glad that you are joining us, in all of the fun we always have. I have my fingers crossed that you will be able to work on your August block today. We will be waiting anxiously to see how it turns out. It won't be long now & September's block will be posted. I can hardly wait!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I wanted to start cutting the fabric and sewing but it looks like I can't...........LOL

Name:  Catonpattern (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  68.1 KB
    Anael..........what a precious little sewing partner that you have there!! I have one too & she loves to sit right next to my sewing machine, while I am trying to sew. She thinks I can just sew right around her!! What would we animal lovers do without our little partner's? Thank you for sharing your fun picture today. I hope you get to sew soon. I just love the three fabric's sitting right behind your baby.
    Last edited by SulaBug; 08-25-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think Anaels' sewing partner is meditating on the angles to help her.
    Have an awesome day!

She let me sew today, with supervision that is. She was right there all the time, watching me Here's my August block!
    Name:  BOm QB August 2012 (462 x 403).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  65.6 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

That is beautiful fabric Anael! Love the fussy cut center.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast