Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 OCTOBER 2013 Quilt-Block-of-The Month pattern & directions.

Another one...?

Oh, come on, Oksewnsew, you can do it with style & ingenuity.

OH yeh right - thanks for your encouragement..lolo You don't know how I get when I have to do paper piece - it's enough to drive me to drink, of course that's better than walking..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Another one...?
    Oksewnsew..............I am so sorry that it had to be paper pieced this month!! Let's hope that next month won't be paper pieced for you. I hope you will try to make this pattern, as you will see that it isn't that difficult to put together. Good Luck!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Oh I don't give up! I just keep pluggin' along. My friend, CajunBear, keeps telling me I 'tense up' too much. I survived the last PP block, reckon I will this one too..lolo It IS a very pretty block..

Print Templates from QC

I have discovered a little secret to Quilter's Cache Paper-Piecing patterns...I can't print them correctly from Chrome! lol Just thought this morning this is ridiculous, I have used her patterns for years and never had a problem...then it dawned on me...duh...you are no longer using Explorer for your browser maybe that's the problem and it WAS! lol

My templates for this month printed out just fine from Explorer! When I think about the last time I almost went nuts trying to get to the right scale! lol Just thought I'd share!

Hugs,
    Betty

I can't get it to print the right size either. I don't understand why sometimes "print actual size" is in my printer options, and sometimes it is not. Sometimes they just print right without checking that box, or "no scaling" or changing anything.

Once, when I had difficulty, someone sent me the right size templates. Another time my husband was able to print them at work, because he had the option to print actual size. He's going to try that again today.

So, I've had this issue 3 of the 8 months. Could it be the way/size/options when the designer uploads them to Quilter's Cache?

Betty, I just read your post, I'll try printing from Explorer.
    :-)
    CAS

Yes! You are right Betty, mine printed perfectly from Explorer. Oh, that means I can take a break from this tedious sewing machine cover I'm making and do the BOTM today. Thank you!

btw I thought I had read all the posts when I typed my last post.
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Yes! You are right Betty, mine printed perfectly from Explorer. Oh, that means I can take a break from this tedious sewing machine cover I'm making and do the BOTM today. Thank you!

btw I thought I had read all the posts when I typed my last post.
    happy to help, I almost didn't post that as no one had said anything and I thought I was the only one!

Hugs,
    Betty

I'm a terrible paperpiecer so I just follow the lines & make adjustments if needed. I always check my piece before I sew though. The blocks that have more than 50 pieces I break out the paper! Math teacher & linear person here, applique and circular pieces are my downfall but I am trying to learn those.
    Here's an addition to DDs ugly quilt:
    Name:  DSCF1687.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  102.7 KB
    only 14 blocks to go!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast