Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 109 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Florida star & 9-star layout

well, another Sunday of (eye-candy)
    here is Florida---i might actually make a different one- we'll see-but this one is aweful dark-
    and i went ahead and layed out my first 9 blocks to see how they are looking together- i better make a few more with some white in them- or that one white one is going to stick out like a sore thumb!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

i will of course rearrange a hundred times before we finish these but i am liking them so far---now i get to sit back and enjoy all of yours as they get posted!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

OK, Here is my Florida... I'm not happy with my color choices. I used the same fabric for all the middle sections. Just did not have anything in my stash to blend nicely.
    This is kinda funny because this weeks block is Florida and I'm headed that way on Tuesday.
    My block in done for next week, but I won't be able to post till Wednesday..
    Have a Great Week all...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    i will of course rearrange a hundred times before we finish these but i am liking them so far---now i get to sit back and enjoy all of yours as they get posted!
    Love your blocks, CK. Here is my Florida.
    Name:  Florida.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  48.7 KB

You two ladies are certainly up early and on the ball. They are just lovely. The black and blue look like a night sky. Janet My, I like your choices. The center sections stand out. Have fun in Florida, I envy you.

#9 Florida

Wow, ck. Your stars look like they are actually in the sky. Here is mine from the Sunshine state. I wish we had some sunshine.

Ckcowl I think your blocks look really REALLY great together. I wouldn't change a thing!

Pokerdiva Ive been meaning to say how much I love your stars too. I have some of your main and love it! When I saw it in your stars I kicked myself and thought "What a great idea". I look forward to your stars every week. Everyone here is doing such awesome work, I agree... Carol would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    well, another Sunday of (eye-candy)
    here is Florida---i might actually make a different one- we'll see-but this one is aweful dark-
    and i went ahead and layed out my first 9 blocks to see how they are looking together- i better make a few more with some white in them- or that one white one is going to stick out like a sore thumb!
    Last edited by SheriR; 02-26-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

ck Love your blocks..Heck, I like everybody's blocks. .. are we posting the group together this week? If so..I will have to wait till I get back. My blocks are in my suitcase. Planning on working on getting the papers off and de-threading the basting threads when I'm away. Will give me something to do so I don't have sewing withdrawal. LOL

Blog Entries
    ckcowl..I am loving yours. I agree with the using some more white... Here is my florida..another one I am not happy with. I will try to post them all later
    Patrice

Sheri, thank you. I have begun to second guess my choice of focus fabric. Not so much in person but in the pictures it seems to get muddled in the middle. Not changing now though. Janet, I am not going to post mine till I have 12 which is 2 more since I have done one extra. Which reminds me that I better do another extra or I will be stuck with them all at the end.

Everybody's stars are wonderful.

Page 109 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 159 209 ... LastLast