Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111
Results 2,751 to 2,773 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I believe we are, correct?

awwww can I join in....I`ve already started a few stars a couple months ago....would be fun...always better to sew with friends.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Please join us in working through Caraol Doak's book "50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars". Starting the first week in January we will be making one star a week, starting with Alabama and ending in December with Wyoming. If you have this book, please join us. there will be no patterns or tutorials given and there is no sign ups required. Do as few or as many as you like. We would love to see your beautiful stars so please post their picture here.

Yes, I am planning to start a new thread here in the next few weeks...planning to start in January with the goal of finishing one block per week.

I have my fabric organised and waiting and the book is on my sewing desk
    Karen

Ok, I see another run of the fifty blocks is gonna start in January....will it be the stars again or another book? Maybe it is because I am up waaaaay too late that I am not finding the answering skimming through the pages.....This would be so fun. It would also keep me focused on something and not let the time fly, like years, in between blocks.

Yobrosew, it will be the 50 stars again
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Yes, I got approval to start a new thread. I am planning to post it around December 1st so that people who haven't started can make plans for Jan. For those who have, they can keep working through where they are. If anyone has finished and wants to try out some of the "mixed" blocks, they could do one of those each week and end up with a completely different quilt!

Went to the stationery store this morning and had the first 10 blocks reduced in size. I am planning on making my blocks 10 inches. Having made 6 inch and 8 inch blocks in previous BOM's I thought 10 inch would be a nice easy size. I am also thinking that 12 inch blocks would make a huge quilt that would not require sashing and I plan on adding sashing to these blocks. I hope that makes sense
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Mirabelle, I did all 50 stars and added about 1 1/2 inch sashing. It made a large queen sized quilt. It is probably almost a king size. I love how it came out. I actually used 49 blocks in the quilt. I am making a wall hanging out of the last block. I am making 4 of the block to use in the wall hanging. I have 3 finished and the wall hanging is sitting in my UFO pile. I think it is the Vermont block.
    I look forward to seeing all of the pretty blocks.

I only finished 36, and at that point realized that I'd never make it into that large of a quilt, so I made it into three lap tops, one for me, my daughter and daughter in law. So there are enough blocks left for me to make one more lap size, or something else. Like a wall hanging, or some for the backing.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

I have plans to make two twin-sized quilts. Haven't done the math yet to see what size I want to make the blocks so I can use the most. I was thinking about 10" also....

What a good idea...I might have to do this. I love stars and I have wanted to learn to foundation piece....sounds like a good time to do it!!!

meanmom I have a setting in mind, that when finished will end up queen size. I really like borders on my quilts and I think that 49 by 12 inch blocks would not need any borders.

Carriem you just have to reduce the pattern to 83%, its in the front of the book. I hope you join me in the smaller blocks.

I have been itching to start these but haven't, want to get 2 quilts finished before I start anything new
    Karen

Blog Entries
    I normally like borders but on this one I just put borders the same size as the sashing. This is my favorite quilt of all the quilts I have made.

Hi--just wanted to let everyone here know I posted a new thread for the 2014 50 stars BOW http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post6429157

BTW--Quilt Pro has the Foundation Factory 50-Stars on sale for 50% off (shows in "cart") if you are thinking about making your blocks a different size than the 12" it is a great tool. http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage

`TheThe 50% off didn't show in my cart Tried it as I don't want to buy this one, I would like to have 40 Bright and Bold Blocks.

I'm in too! I love Carol's Stars.

Just as a note to everyone, Carol posted this message to the Yahoo! group earlier today.

"Because of all the new members from The Quilting Board referencing the 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars Challenge being hosted there, I signed on to read the details. I read some incorrect information that was posted and I want to clear it up. It was posted on the The Quilting Board, that if you joined this group, all of the designs from the 50 Fabulous PP Stars book are available here as PDF files. That is not correct. The only place to obtain the designs is in the book for the separate purchase Companion Foundation Factory CD for the 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars book.
    All the best,
    Carol"
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

It was me who gave that information. The files have been removed from the group, I didn't check before but I did and they're not there anymore. I'm sorry I didn't check before posting the wrong info!

Hello ; new here and was wondering if this book is to hard for beginner ?

Hi Connie, welcome. You might want to practice paper piecing before you start the 50 Stars. The blocks aren't hard, just time consuming. The hardest part is matching all seams and points.

Will we be starting next week, formally?

this thread was for the 2011 gang I think

here is the thread for 2014
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...w-t235683.html
    Looks like we've got a good group going!

goldendog55--yes, officially we will start posting our Alabama blocks next week.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Someone mentioned pre-cutting their squares for the background so I spent some time earlier this week getting those cut.

**thanks for posting the link to the "new" thread**

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 110 111