Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 276 of 278 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I believe we are, correct?

awwww can I join in....I`ve already started a few stars a couple months ago....would be fun...always better to sew with friends.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Please join us in working through Caraol Doak's book "50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars". Starting the first week in January we will be making one star a week, starting with Alabama and ending in December with Wyoming. If you have this book, please join us. there will be no patterns or tutorials given and there is no sign ups required. Do as few or as many as you like. We would love to see your beautiful stars so please post their picture here.

Yes, I am planning to start a new thread here in the next few weeks...planning to start in January with the goal of finishing one block per week.

I have my fabric organised and waiting and the book is on my sewing desk
    Karen

Ok, I see another run of the fifty blocks is gonna start in January....will it be the stars again or another book? Maybe it is because I am up waaaaay too late that I am not finding the answering skimming through the pages.....This would be so fun. It would also keep me focused on something and not let the time fly, like years, in between blocks.

Yobrosew, it will be the 50 stars again
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Yes, I got approval to start a new thread. I am planning to post it around December 1st so that people who haven't started can make plans for Jan. For those who have, they can keep working through where they are. If anyone has finished and wants to try out some of the "mixed" blocks, they could do one of those each week and end up with a completely different quilt!

Went to the stationery store this morning and had the first 10 blocks reduced in size. I am planning on making my blocks 10 inches. Having made 6 inch and 8 inch blocks in previous BOM's I thought 10 inch would be a nice easy size. I am also thinking that 12 inch blocks would make a huge quilt that would not require sashing and I plan on adding sashing to these blocks. I hope that makes sense
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Mirabelle, I did all 50 stars and added about 1 1/2 inch sashing. It made a large queen sized quilt. It is probably almost a king size. I love how it came out. I actually used 49 blocks in the quilt. I am making a wall hanging out of the last block. I am making 4 of the block to use in the wall hanging. I have 3 finished and the wall hanging is sitting in my UFO pile. I think it is the Vermont block.
    I look forward to seeing all of the pretty blocks.

I only finished 36, and at that point realized that I'd never make it into that large of a quilt, so I made it into three lap tops, one for me, my daughter and daughter in law. So there are enough blocks left for me to make one more lap size, or something else. Like a wall hanging, or some for the backing.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Page 276 of 278 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 275 276 277 ... LastLast