Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 AM

Groovy, it looks small in the pic but it's about 24 x 24 and paper pieced. Odd size, but it sold and made some cash for my friend's son who was in a motorcycle accident. I like the fabric you have in your pic; only fabric available around here is the black/gold with helmets. Now if I could only find Pittsburgh Pirates fabric--I'm a diehard fan and would decorate my whole house in it LOL!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:06 AM

JanRN . . .

Girlfriend . . .Unfornately, it's going to take more than the alignment of the stars to get our team out of the Black Hole ! ! ! Our team is old, decrepit, dilapidated, worn out, & run down ! ! ! ! Heavens knows we need to clear the roster & scout out NEW BLOOD, get serious in the Draft, & most of all . . . . get rid of Roth ! ! ! ! He's the reason we lost the playoffs - He was hurt and broke down, but still insisted to play, & lost a crucial game ! ! !

BUT . . . If we could go back to our GLORY DAYS of '76 - the days of the STEEL CURTAIN - which was the best defensive line of all time ( ! ! ! !), maybe, just maybe we can begin to re-build the GREATNESS of the STEELERS NATION
. . .GP
Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Groovy, it looks small in the pic but it's about 24 x 24 and paper pieced. Odd size, but it sold and made some cash for my friend's son who was in a motorcycle accident. I like the fabric you have in your pic; only fabric available around here is the black/gold with helmets. Now if I could only find Pittsburgh Pirates fabric--I'm a diehard fan and would decorate my whole house in it LOL!!!
SERIOUSLY ? ? ? ? I just knew you all had all the best and unique sports fab in the Pitt hub.

Go to Maryjos.com (or something like that - Mary Jo's Cloth World of Gastonia, NC); I believe I've seen Pitt Pirates on black b'ground (can't promise, but MJs is slated to be the biggest fabric house on the eastern seaboard;she has a very wide representation of the sports world. That's where I get 90% of my fabric. I've got all 3 Steelers b'grounds & both the new 'tears/paint runs' Steelers b'grounds.

That's not fabric - it's a Steelers Poster/Wallpaper. If that was fabric, I would never cut that up - just frame it
. . . GP
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM

Hello---just wanted to let you know that I will be having shoulder surgery in mid-late November and won't be able to sew for a min. of 2 months, so won't be "heading up" the new thread for the 50-stars in 2014. Is there someone else who would like to do this?? I still plan to jump in when I can sew again and hopefully catch up...
Old 10-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Carrie, me thinks you could still head up the beginning and catch up later on the sewing end. It would take your mind off of pain and into the project. Forge ahead, you can do it. Hope you have all your Christmas projects done, 'cause it sounds like you will not able to sew for awhile. But you can still 'talk' to all of us on QB without any excuse or have to sew with us... hope you have a quick recovery.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Carriem, are you have rotator cuff surgery? I had a major rotator cuff tear repaired 2 1/2 years ago. I also had a couple of torn ligaments and tendons. 6 screws put in. My doctor gave me a Tens unit for the pain. I only took 3 pain pills after surgery. The Tens unit is awesome, it basically tricks your body into not feeling the pain. My Dr is really good. I need a knee replacement sometime in the next few years and I will definately have him do it. Do your physical therapy. I still do some of mine. Good luck with your surgery. I was able to carefully use my right hand to guide the fabric thru the machine after about 2 weeks. I couldn;t really move it. It was a long time until I could use a rotary cutter. I cut some things ahead of time.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Meanmom, have you explored the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado? They put the 'padding' back in the knee instead of knee replacement. Check it out; I think that is the way I want to go next Spring.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 PM

QNS--I PM'd Patrice to get a new thread approved for January...if I start it now, then since we are staying on the same thread for each week, it can be "maintained" easy enough.

Meanmom--The dr is planning to do a bicep tenodesis...which means he will move the bicep tendon and reattach it to my humerus. I have an MRI scheduled to see if there is a tear in the bicep tendon or if there is anything going on with the rotator cuff. The dr says at least a 2 month recovery...I am telling my self to expect 3 months before doing any regular sewing though as the 2 months is back to "normal activities".
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM

to me, that quilting is a normal activity. Meanmom is right though. Do a lot of cutting now. I also did that before carpal tunnel and cysts removals. I hope you bounce right back!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:02 AM

I broke my wrist back in November last year and I am just now getting back to quilting. Please start this again in January for ones that didn't do it this year....I'd love to join now that I have use of my hand and arm...LOL.