Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 278 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    I'm off to the nearby LQS to try and find a certain green for Arizona. Also need some black batting. TTYL

Blog Entries
    I have used the Ricky Timms stable stuff and loved it. I used it in a quilt that was part pieced and part PP. Once it is washed you can't feel it. I love to PP but HATE HATE removing the paper. Probably because my first quilt was the Oregon star from this book. 64 of them. All that paper to remove. It took days. I am using the Ricky Timms paper for this project. I am worth cost. I will cut costs somewhere else. I Have the first 3 blocks finished. I am working ahead because I am waiting on some embroidery thread I need for another project. WHen it comes in I have to switch to that project for a while.

Ok, you convinced me - ordered a package of the sheets from a site that offered free shipping. (Cost was $2.00 more, but still ahead with the free shipping.) I really wanted to get a 3-yard roll, it would be more economical for cutting into sizes needed, but at least I can try it. (Ricky Tims wanted $9 for shipping!) Thanks for your testimony on the Stable Stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I have used the Ricky Timms stable stuff and loved it. I used it in a quilt that was part pieced and part PP. Once it is washed you can't feel it. I love to PP but HATE HATE removing the paper. Probably because my first quilt was the Oregon star from this book. 64 of them. All that paper to remove. It took days. I am using the Ricky Timms paper for this project. I am worth cost. I will cut costs somewhere else. I Have the first 3 blocks finished. I am working ahead because I am waiting on some embroidery thread I need for another project. WHen it comes in I have to switch to that project for a while.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    All the blocks are beautiful! Seems like everybody EXCEPT us 'Bama girls have done the Alabama block! I'm also wondering if using "used" fabric softener sheets will work, instead of paper for the piecing. I'll give it a try and let you know. That way it won't have to be removed. I also press the used dryer sheets before using them for foundation work, and that stiffens them enough to be usable without stretching, and I try to keep them as square as possible while pressing.
    Do you just trace the design on the dryer sheets?
    Patrice

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Shiela N, I wanted to reach out through my computer screen and steal your block! So beautiful!
    Thanks Ronda, you are sweet! That is just about my favorite color palette - blues purples and greens, yummy!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Mad Mimm, what a gorgeous Alabama!
    Thank you! Isn't it wonderful to see all the beautiful combinations this group has come up with? This is such a fun project!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

#2 star alaska

Here is my Alaska.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Here is my Alaska.
    What right beautiful colors!!!!! Great job!! Here is mine.
    Name:  Alaska.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  84.1 KB
    Last edited by tomilu; 01-08-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Beautiful tomilu. I thought I would show you my Alaska I did for the BOM 2011. I did them all in blue ,white and yellow.

And TaDa, I got it done!
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Page 38 of 278 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 ... LastLast