Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 92 of 278 FirstFirst ... 42 82 91 92 93 102 142 192 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Newbee, now that I see yours all together I really like the idea of all the backgrounds the same. Good job!!!

Colorado Star

Here is my block:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Newbie your blocks look so lovely together! MonaL your latest has also turned out beautifully.

BTW: Looks like my machine is fine, I just forgot to take my stitch length off 0. What a silly twit!!! That is what I get for sewing late at night!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Mona Lisa - love your Colorado block!! I have been playing it too safe with colors. Partly because I am trying to use up what I have, partly because picking colors is where I struggle the most.

Attached is my Colorado block, and then a picture with the 2 blocks that I have done (Delaware and Colorado). I completed Delaware as my first block for a paper piecing club at my LQS.

Little bit of trouble with matching up points on my Colorado block. I don't like to baste things, but I either need to get it worked out as to how to pin better - or start basting as Carol Doak recommended.

Name:  IMAG0181.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  538.0 KB
    Name:  IMAG0180.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  575.4 KB

So pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    Here are my blocks hope you like them

Blog Entries
    Laughing is allowed here. I had noticed before on a few other blocks, a "strange" piece in the corner. Well, I discovered why they are there. I wasn't paying attention when placing the first pieces in each section and didn't get them to alternate right. Rather than do any over, I sewed them together wrong and added the missing corners. If this doesn't make sense, that's good. It means you did it right!! Name:  Colorado Reduced.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  317.8 KB

I tried really hard to come up with another song to sew by for Colorado, but what can beat John Denver. Maybe someone else come up with another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWU8XWksg_0

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Laughing is allowed here. I had noticed before on a few other blocks, a "strange" piece in the corner. Well, I discovered why they are there. I wasn't paying attention when placing the first pieces in each section and didn't get them to alternate right. Rather than do any over, I sewed them together wrong and added the missing corners. If this doesn't make sense, that's good. It means you did it right!! Name:  Colorado Reduced.jpg

I tried really hard to come up with another song to sew by for Colorado, but what can beat John Denver. Maybe someone else come up with another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWU8XWksg_0
    Whitepine, no better song than John Denver...it just makes me sad he's gone.

As for your block. Just do the same thing to the other two corners, and no one will know the difference. Those new corners actually look pretty good. No laughing here. When I'm perfect then I'll laugh. I've got a long way to go!!!!
    Katie
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=whitepine;4948186]Laughing is allowed here. I had noticed before on a few other blocks, a "strange" piece in the corner. Well, I discovered why they are there. I wasn't paying attention when placing the first pieces in each section and didn't get them to alternate right. Rather than do any over, I sewed them together wrong and added the missing corners. If this doesn't make sense, that's good. It means you did it right!! Name:  Colorado Reduced.jpg

I love the colors of your batiks.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post

Whitepine, your block is beautiful! Thanks also for the song!

Whitepine I can't even say I would have noticed those corners . The batiks in your block are beautiful!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Page 92 of 278 FirstFirst ... 42 82 91 92 93 102 142 192 ... LastLast