Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Nicky, I've had a look on your blog, your work is beautiful! You really improved on FMQ! Does Angela Walter's book Free Motion Quilting add something to the FMQ quilt along from Leah Day?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Nicky, I've had a look on your blog, your work is beautiful! You really improved on FMQ! Does Angela Walter's book Free Motion Quilting add something to the FMQ quilt along from Leah Day?
    Hi Anael, thank you for your kind words. It is just a different perspective. Leah explains and shows you how to do the designs in a video and Angela explains it in writing with photos and diagrams with little arrows and dots showing you where to start and stop. This works very well for me when I use my small dry erase board or sketch pad and pencil to draw the design before testing it on fabric. Drawing helps form the muscle memory so to when I try it on fabric it comes almost automatically. It is quite magical.

I also have two of Leah's books with photos and they are great to use as catalogs to select a design.

Finally, I have enrolled in both Leah's and Angela's classes on Craftsy.com. It is a great platform for learning.

Take care,
    Nicky

Thanks Nicky! I'm taking Leah's class on Craftsy too. I watched her video's but I never understood how to do those designs on a large quilt. After taking Leah's class on Craftsy it is easier to 'see'. I've seen your dry erase board on your blog, I might buy one too. I sometimes draw designs on paper but most of the time I just try to sew them on a piece of fabric.
    I'm off to Craftsy now to see what classes Angela is teaching!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    How's about after Christmas, we do some digging to find our fabrics and blocks and kick ourselves in the ( ) and get going again?????
    I would be new to this but I would LOVE to join in after the holidays and begin!! I ordered the book two days ago and I am sure I have plenty of fabrics in my stash to work with.

I plan to take the book to Staples and have it spiral bound as some here have done.
    Last edited by nygal; 11-28-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    Yes, Harleys. I have two and my husband has about five, at last count. Here is me on one of mine. This is off topic, but I will delete it after you see it.

I am going thru old posts. My dh rides a Harley Road King the Anniversary Edition. He loves it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Whoo Hooo...Only 4 more to go...Here is my #46 Virginia...
    That blocks sure is beautiful!!!!!!!

Everyone's blocks are such an inspiration!!
    Last edited by nygal; 11-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Thank you nygal. We can't wait to see yours.

Good morning ladies. Officially we should still be doing #49 Wisconsin this week. Did anybody do Wisconsin this week? Or any other star? I hope those who are still working on their stars or are just starting will continue to show us their pretties.

I was hoping my book would arrive this weekend but it didn't. Hopefully Monday.

Blog Entries
    Here's a Wisconsin. After I finished and stood back, I saw that I could have arranged the leaves so they looked like they were swirling. Darn. I think I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms when this is done. Three more for me but I plan on finishing on time next Sunday.
    Name:  wisconsin reduced.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  268.0 KB
    Wisconsin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqxnkUQDJI

I think it is wonderful Sue. Can't wait to see it finished. I am sending mine to the quilter tomorrow but she can't do it till Jan so I will be very anxious to see mine too.

Blog Entries
    I am working on my back. I enlarged the Ohio block, my home state 300% to put in the center I finished it tonight. It is 36 inches square. I am adding to it now to make it large enough. I need to figure out how to make it with the fabric I have. Not buying any more. Hopefully can post it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I am working on my back. I enlarged the Ohio block, my home state 300% to put in the center I finished it tonight. It is 36 inches square. I am adding to it now to make it large enough. I need to figure out how to make it with the fabric I have. Not buying any more. Hopefully can post it tomorrow.
    Great idea meanmom. Can't wait to see your backing.
    Carolyn

Wow Pat, that sounds interesting.

Blog Entries
    I was hoping to finish my back last night. I have been feeling just a little bit lousy for the last week. A bunch of kids in the classroom have colds etc. Not quite sure what is wrong. I was so tired last night I went to bed early. I don't feel bad enough to stay home just a little bit off. Hopefully it will go away soon. I am off Friday and am hoping to take my quilt to my long armer.

Pat, I hope you feel better soon. This is not the best time of year to be sick but I know those little devils will give it to you every time.

My three lap quilts

Hi everyone, I didn't finish all 50 blocks but I did 37. 36 for these three lap tops, and I did Ohio as one of my very first paper pieced blocks, I haven't gotten these quilted yet, just added to the "to be quilted" pile. But here here we go...I made the beige sashing one for myself, the green for my DDIL and the blue denim for my DD. I didn't have any ideas when I stared what I was going to do with these, so they are totally scrappy. And I love how they turned out. Now it will soon be time to clear off my table accept for the sewing machine, and just keep on quilting, and quilting and quilting. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

klgreene, your quilts are beautiful!!

My book came in today's mail so I am glad to finally have it. I want to have it spiral bound next.

Katie your quilts are beautiful and what a good way to do it. Thank you for showing us.

Blog Entries
    Katie, love your quilts. I finally broke down and went to the doctor today since my vague symptoms finally turned in to something. I have a sinus infection. I get them several times a year. This one started different than usual. A day or so on antibiotics and I should be fine.

klgreene--very pretty quilts. I like how each is different.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    Hi everyone, I didn't finish all 50 blocks but I did 37. 36 for these three lap tops, and I did Ohio as one of my very first paper pieced blocks, I haven't gotten these quilted yet, just added to the "to be quilted" pile. But here here we go...I made the beige sashing one for myself, the green for my DDIL and the blue denim for my DD. I didn't have any ideas when I stared what I was going to do with these, so they are totally scrappy. And I love how they turned out. Now it will soon be time to clear off my table accept for the sewing machine, and just keep on quilting, and quilting and quilting. Enjoy
    Oh my goodness they are beautiful. I don't know when I will get mine put together. Am trying to finish up other ones. I like the way someone had quilted each one and then put them together. I am leaning toward doing that
    Patrice

Blog Entries
    Katie, Your lap quilts turned out great.

Blog Entries
    Nygal I have seen your blocks over on the NY beauty group. They are awesome. I am sure your stars will be beautiful. I am planning on doing that one next but it will probably be after Christmas. I am still making Christmas gifts. I have been lurking there since it started. Can't wait to start. I finally finished my back. I thought I had it finished but apparently I messed up the math. WHen I measured my back it was too small by a couple of inces. I had to trim my outer border and add another one. I will post a picture later. I am taking my quilt to the longarmer today. I hope she isn't too backed up since I am dying to see it finished and on my bed. I look forward to seeing everyones work.

Blog Entries
    Klgreene, your quilt tops are gorgeous! I love them all!
    Ronda

Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast