Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    Here is the front and back of my quilt. I just dropped it off at my longarmers. I probably won't get it back until after Christmas. I am dying to get it finished and on my bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pat, your front is gorgeous but I must say you out did yourself on the back. Crap. I am jealous.

meanmom, your quilt turned out beautiful. Were these planned colors? An I love how you put the Ohio Star on the back and that's where you are from. Very cleaver!
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

meanmom--this is beautiful! Great job on both front and back!!

Blog Entries
    I purchased the background fabric. It is a lot darker than the picture shows. It is nearly navy with a purplish tint to it. I couldn't get the pictures to show the true colors. The rest of the quilt is totally scrappy. I made the Ohio star on the back 300% it is 3 feet across. The back is also stuff from my stash. I did have to buy the outer green border because I screwed up the measurements of the back. I made it a couple of inches too small. My longarmer is going to try to put the states names in my sashing. I told her to just put them in over and over in any order she wants. She couldn't get in to her computer when I was there to make sure she has them all. SHe was in the middle of a quilt. Thanks for the compliments. I love how it came out.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Meanmom, your quilt is gorgeous! What a lot of work and how beautifully you put it all together! Can't wait to see the finished product as well...
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Ditto all of the above Meanmom, it looks great. That sashing is so perfect for the stars.

Speaking of backing.....nobody mentions muslin and I wondered why. Too boring?? or is it a matter of quality??

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Ditto all of the above Meanmom, it looks great. That sashing is so perfect for the stars.

Speaking of backing.....nobody mentions muslin and I wondered why. Too boring?? or is it a matter of quality??
    I love the look of muslin!! It gives such an authentic and homy look.......................

Blog Entries
    I have looked at muslin for backing but always pass it by because I love all of the color in other backings. It would save me a ton of money to switch to muslin.

Well ladies, today would be the official last day of this great journey. For those of you who are finished , CONGRATS!!!! For those of you still in the process, KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!!! For those of you just starting, Enjoy the journey. And everyone keep posting your progress. Thanks to all who joined me in this. I couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you.

Blog Entries
    Ta Da....Wyoming!! The official last block of the last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMko5LelBdA

Name:  Wyoming Reduced.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  243.8 KB

Blog Entries
    And two more I missed this summer.
    North Dakota http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-juxQ5Sj4
    Okalahoma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDVzbeDzRk
    Name:  North Dakota Reduced.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  256.8 KB
    Name:  Oklahoma Reduced.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  255.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Poker Diva, This year of stars has been so much fun. Thank you for getting us going on this starry adventure. I'm so glad that others are still joining in and can't wait to see what colors and designs they come up with. I have to do two more for my pattern and then I will post them all layed out.

Blog Entries
    what a wonderful project this has been! so many of us managed to stick with it and came up with fabulous stars! i am so excited to have these stars done & look forward to now put them all together and see many more come together...
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

More beautiful stars from you Sue. And thank YOU for keeping us intertained with all the songs all year. Whew, I don't know how you managed to find songs for all the states.

Blog Entries
    Poker thank you so much for running this group. this was a project I had been thinking about for several years and never started. I have really enjoyed the journey and will miss all the fun here. I will keep watching for all the completed projects and the newbies just beginning. Thanks I never would have finished without all of you guys. So many different versions of the same stars each one more beautiful them the next.
    Pat

Everyone is truly welcome.

Blog Entries
    No one has been here in a while. Merry Christmas everyone. I look forward to seeing everyones quilt put together.

Thank you Pat. I am hoping after the first of the year the ones who are not finished yet will begin posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    No one has been here in a while. Merry Christmas everyone. I look forward to seeing everyones quilt put together.
    Mine was all done including the binding, and then I decided to add a 6" border to it. So right now I'm free motion quilting borders that I will add in quilt asyou go. I'll post another picture when it's really done!

Thanks meanmom though Christmas is almost over here.

I'm still searching for the right background fabric but can't find what I want. So I keep looking and in the meantime I'm finishing some UFO's
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    I had a hard time finding background fabric too. I was thinking about either black or white or dark purple but not a solid. I wanted something with some design to it. I ended up with a kinda navy blue with a purplish cast to it. There is a little pink and green in it too. Keep looking it is out there somewhere.
    I need to finish one more UFO then I am starting my New York Beauty. I have been making myself finish 2 UFO's before I start each new project. Maybe I will get to the bottom of the UFO pile sometime this year. I am making a wall hanging out of 4 Vermont blocks. I have 3 finished. I hope to finish it soon.
    Pat

I love your background fabric meanmom and I'm looking for something like yours. I don't want a solid either.

Good for you, finishing 2 UFO's before starting a new project. I told myself the same numerous times but I keep starting new projects and thus creating more UFO's
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I thought this was for the year coming up until I saw how many pages.

Are you doing another one this year?

Blog Entries
    Anael I am not doing as well as I could on finishing UFO's. I have most of the easiest finishes done. Now I have the harder ones to finish. I have a queen sized quilt that has been sitting for almost 2 years that only needs the binding hand sewn. Now that it is cold outside I brought it downstairs to work on in front of the Tv. It is almost embarassing to admit what is up in my sewing room in the UFO pile. There are a few I could probably finish in 2 hours or so. I am off the the mall an JoAnns today to spend the rest of my Christmas money. I got am email from Hancocks for 20% off my entire purchase including sale items. I got a bunch of Christmas fabric there yesterday. I am going to use the coupon at JoAnns today. I would really like to find some silver fabric. I have found lots of gold but no silver.

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 ... LastLast