Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Yippee...another AOTH'er!! No worries...this isn't a race and we are all working at our comfortable speed.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by danece
I have just decided to go ahead and do the AOTH quilt, Just ordered the boo, don't know what I'm going to do, but am thinking dark background and probably either bright or maybe brights and batiks, I am getting excited at the idea of doing this quilt, I will probably increas the block sizes to make it larger to use on my bed, I' l know more when the book arrives. Ladies, don't get to far ahead of me :-D
never fear...you'll more than likely have a little mousie in a cute dress, for company! :thumbup:
Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by danece
I have just decided to go ahead and do the AOTH quilt, Just ordered the boo, don't know what I'm going to do, but am thinking dark background and probably either bright or maybe brights and batiks, I am getting excited at the idea of doing this quilt, I will probably increas the block sizes to make it larger to use on my bed, I' l know more when the book arrives. Ladies, don't get to far ahead of me :-D
Welcome danece. We're always glad to have someone else join us. I don't know who you ordered your book from but I got mine from Amazon within a few days. I have not started but I did start selecting fabric for my first square today. I get excited and also leery when I look at all of the patterns but I am going to take it 1 block at a time and 1 stitch at a time. I hope my hand applique will improve as I progress. I love doing everything on my machine but I want this to be hand done.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM

howdy newbies :)
your not behind me any way :oops: .... have plenty of applique fabrics in my stash from baltimore prints to batiks - I will probably use both and then some cuz I want it scappy. But I can't decide on the background.... which unfortunately you need before you sew :-( :cry:

went to LQS which is going out of business...well, he raised prices on everything before marking it all 30% off so I'm back to shopping online for it since I really hated the CT mirage choices that arrived. I'm with you - afraid it is gonna ravel and dont want to waste all that handwork! If any of you have time to offer an opinion on these choices I found at fabric.com ??

I've been looking at some Jinny Beyer fabrics - would love to find one of hers for the background - especially since she has such exquisite border prints as well!
Monica

here are the 3 I saw - each totally different effect! - 1st I think is classy and although busy - it may not matter since it is tonal. The second - straight forward purple-red color with specks. The last would have more of a baltimore feeling to it.... thanks ladies :-D

what do you think of this... Jinny Beyer coordinate

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....c-01c36f3122d9

I'm also looking at something like this...

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....2-39ff19fff983

or lighter baltimore type...
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....1-f1df8704f1ad
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM

SO!!!
I dont like to waste fabric...
I enlarged my pattern to 10" what size would YOU cut the background fabric???
I think Aie gives WAY to much for the 7" size :shock:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
your not behind me any way :oops: .... have plenty of applique fabrics in my stash from baltimore prints to batiks - I will probably use both and then some cuz I want it scappy. But I can't decide on the background.... which unfortunately you need before you sew :-( :cry:

went to LQS which is going out of business...well, he raised prices on everything before marking it all 30% off so I'm back to shopping online for it since I really hated the CT mirage choices that arrived. I'm with you - afraid it is gonna ravel and dont want to waste all that handwork! If any of you have time to offer an opinion on these choices I found at fabric.com ??

I've been looking at some Jinny Beyer fabrics - would love to find one of hers for the background - especially since she has such exquisite border prints as well!
Monica

here are the 3 I saw - each totally different effect! - 1st I think is classy and although busy - it may not matter since it is tonal. The second - straight forward purple-red color with specks. The last would have more of a baltimore feeling to it.... thanks ladies :-D

what do you think of this... Jinny Beyer coordinate

I'm also looking at something like this...

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....2-39ff19fff983

or lighter baltimore type...
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....1-f1df8704f1ad
Just me, personally...I love the first one in the deep red!!!!!!!
The blue is nice, and I am also using a deep blue tonal, and the last one with the antique like look would give tons of room for creativity, but...oh, that red!
(course, you have to think of each color and think about will it go with your scraps? only you will know that ;) )
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
SO!!!
I dont like to waste fabric...
I enlarged my pattern to 10" what size would YOU cut the background fabric???
I think Aie gives WAY to much for the 7" size :shock:
Lacelady/Lesley is doing, or should I say has done, lol, 10" blocks, and she cut her blocks 11" to give her plenty of trim room.
Since I am, well, was going to say hot on her heels, but I don't think that fit's my pace at all...LOL!...snail on her trail???? dragging my tail?...yeah, that's sounds more like it...I will cut mine 11" also.
I'm bound to goof up, sooner or later.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks Mousie!
thats kind of what I was thinking.... but thinking gets me into trouble :roll:

[quote=Mousie]
Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

Just me, personally...I love the first one in the deep red!!!!!!!
The blue is nice, and I am also using a deep blue tonal, and the last one with the antique like look would give tons of room for creativity, but...oh, that red!
(course, you have to think of each color and think about will it go with your scraps? only you will know that ;) )
Yep - I'm leaning heavily this way myself!! ;) I need confirmation!! approval :) been waffling too much :wink:
Power Poster

Cre...I just love love love your #1 from Fabric.com...Man...that is gorgeous!!! But then if you want purple red, then it wouldn't work for that. I guess is just depends on which direction you want to lean.

Candance- I'm pretty sure that Lesley cut her's 11" because she could get 4 across the width of the fabric that way on her Kona. I cut my blocks for the 7" at 8" and will be fine trimming them down. Hope that helps.