so what do I know ;-)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Thanks Mousie!
thats kind of what I was thinking.... but thinking gets me into trouble :roll:
oh, don't even get me started.... :lol:
Old 05-26-2011, 06:13 PM

Losie, Cre8tvlwyr, and Dance. If you have not purchased fabric yet, take a look at Fabric Fanatics. This is my background ordered from them and it is beautiful. Hoffman 1895 line.
http://www.fabricfanatics.com/script...%27s%7C11&p=14

There are 11 pages with the different colors of this line.
http://www.fabricfanatics.com/script...offman1895%27s

They also have tons of other fabric. It is all excellent. That place is my downfall. I've spent around $300 in the last few months trying to build a stash of batiks.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Do any of you have problems coordinating fabrics from your stash for each individual block? I select, look, ponder, discard, hunt for more, discard, etc, before my final decision. I think I'm being too fussy. I was looking for a pale orange sherbert color today and finally got close in a color gradient peice I have in reds. Weird, huh? Spent an hour choosing something for such a SMALL piece. But, I did cut out appliques for two blocks and am working on cutting out another tonight. Needless to say, I have fabric scattered everywhere.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Thanks Mousie!
thats kind of what I was thinking.... but thinking gets me into trouble :roll:
oh, don't even get me started.... :lol:
you see how scary this can get????
if I think the same thing as all of you... then we must all be right! right? it never occurs that we may all be wrong!
HAH! maybe we are all off our nut :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Thank you, these are beautiful fabrics, I will have to check this site out further when I get my book :D
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Have you visited the terrific Quilting Straits in Port Gamble, WA? Only been there once but it is wonderful. I have also ordered online from them. My DIL is so happy we discovered that shop since it is only 5 minutes from her place. She's not a seamstress/quilter (yet!) but she knows fabric is a lure for me... :-D
Linda, I love Quilted Strait. She used to be in Port Angeles, but then they bought a home in Port Gamble so moved their business there too. It's a wonderful store. Let me know if you're going to be around there. I'd love to meet you.
Sounds great, I will let you know. Should be sorta sooon. Gotta see those grandbabies!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Welcome, danece. We are glad to have you join us.

As has been said before, there are some of us who decided to JTG (jump the gun) and begin. There is one of us who is nearly finished with her entire top whose name shall not be mentioned here but who lives across the pond to the east.

I had started the quilt but after doing more than 16 blocks, decided to start over. I now have 4 blocks finished with the appliqué, 2 finished with the embroidery, one nearly finished with the embroidery & 1 waiting for the embroidery. I have spent last evening & tonight working on #9's embroidery & am still not finished. Should wind it up tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Oooohhhhh, what pretty batiks!! Thanks so much for the link (as IF I really need more help to lighten my wallet!)

Linda...I do struggle with my little piece selection also. I get into trouble when I find a combo that I really like then I find myself trying to repeat that...don't want to do that. I paw and paw through my stack that I've pulled for this project, lay the pile out, go get DH, make him play, argue that he is of course wrong, pick the pieces, carefully cut them, change my mind, toss the pieces and start over. The sad part is that when we see other's blocks, no matter WHAT you pick, they all look fabulous! LOL
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oooohhhhh, what pretty batiks!! Thanks so much for the link (as IF I really need more help to lighten my wallet!)

Linda...I do struggle with my little piece selection also. I get into trouble when I find a combo that I really like then I find myself trying to repeat that...don't want to do that. I paw and paw through my stack that I've pulled for this project, lay the pile out, go get DH, make him play, argue that he is of course wrong, pick the pieces, carefully cut them, change my mind, toss the pieces and start over. The sad part is that when we see other's blocks, no matter WHAT you pick, they all look fabulous! LOL
Why is that Patti??? After all, we can all see the pics of Aie's blocks where almost every petal in a block is a different colour, and they look delicious. Yet when I came to try it, I agonised because I am so programmed for symmetry.

And Kathy, I have just started side four of the wide border, but I haven't put any circles on any of the sides yet, and I think I am going to add heart flowers too.