View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oooohhhhh, what pretty batiks!! Thanks so much for the link (as IF I really need more help to lighten my wallet!)

Linda...I do struggle with my little piece selection also. I get into trouble when I find a combo that I really like then I find myself trying to repeat that...don't want to do that. I paw and paw through my stack that I've pulled for this project, lay the pile out, go get DH, make him play, argue that he is of course wrong, pick the pieces, carefully cut them, change my mind, toss the pieces and start over. The sad part is that when we see other's blocks, no matter WHAT you pick, they all look fabulous! LOL
Why is that Patti??? After all, we can all see the pics of Aie's blocks where almost every petal in a block is a different colour, and they look delicious. Yet when I came to try it, I agonised because I am so programmed for symmetry.

And Kathy, I have just started side four of the wide border, but I haven't put any circles on any of the sides yet, and I think I am going to add heart flowers too.