Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, ladies, just a friendly nudge that our Cyber-Sew officially begins in just 9 days! Even if you aren't ready for whatever reason like haven't gotten your book, can't decide on background fabric or whatever, you can begin by keeping up with all the chat I know will happen. We are a chatty bunch & that's what makes a group so much fun to be a part of.

Even though some members have jumped the gun, no one has finished anything. Several are well on their way to a finished quilt top & a few have some blocks done, but that's not to stop you from starting & working at your own speed.

I have been embroidering a block for 3 nights now. I get home from work, fix something for us to eat & pick up the block. There is always something good on TV to watch, just wish I could stay awake to watch all of it! Maybe I'll finish this block tonight so I can start another block! :-)
yes, was just counting on my fingers and said, ok, it's time to mush! I have plenty of fabrics...plenty...for this quilt...new threads,...flosses,...patterns all enlarged and put in a notebook...nothing to stop me from getting out my lightbox and getting on with it.
Just have to play with that camera ;-)
Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Yes Mousie, you WILL have to get to know your camera now. You know we will want to see pics.

I'm almost giddy with excitement to get the whole group started! I wanna see...I wanna see!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:15 PM

I stopped at a new fabric shop today! I bought straw needles and applique pins!!!!
I didnt have time to look around but WOW!!! I dont think I have been in a shop that great before!
:( to bad its 100 miles from home :(
Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Well, Candance...you can always "pack a lunch"!! LOL!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
I stopped at a new fabric shop today! I bought straw needles and applique pins!!!!
I didnt have time to look around but WOW!!! I dont think I have been in a shop that great before!
LOVE the straw needles!! have to say I totally hated them at first - but now it is the easiest thing to manage with needleturn. You just have to make a shorter lever of it when you turn a tight corner.

Ordered the Jinny Beyer - deep red/maroon lily swirls for my background fabric and Coraline in red and tan - another J Beyer border print for the narrow borders ....so excited!! I may even have everything before I have to start! :lol:
Old 05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Oh I'm excited for you Cre....I love that red!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh I'm excited for you Cre....I love that red!!!
Cant wait for it to come myself!!!
here's a link to the border fabric:

http://www.quiltingbeeaz.com/cgi-bin...es=0&lastmenu=

:shock: man that's a long link!!
wow - just went to Jinny Beyer site - she has a free pattern that uses that border fabric - awesome [yea...like we need another pattern now?!?!?]

http://www.jinnybeyer.com/quilting-w...16EB93EFC15FCE
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
LOVE the straw needles!! have to say I totally hated them at first - but now it is the easiest thing to manage with needleturn. You just have to make a shorter lever of it when you turn a tight corner.

Ordered the Jinny Beyer - deep red/maroon lily swirls for my background fabric and Coraline in red and tan - another J Beyer border print for the narrow borders ....so excited!! I may even have everything before I have to start! :lol:
oh my gosh...you did it! You went for the red...wow, is that going to be awesome. Can't wait to see! woo hoo! :XD:
Just looked at the border fabric...sigh!wow...I'm all :mrgreen: now! lol! Yours will have a really elegant flair to it, wow! 8-)
Old 05-28-2011, 01:04 AM

Cre8 - I also bought some of the Coraline (just a small amount) in the red and also the purple to audition.

Just love those Jinny Beyer fabrics and that red swirl is beautiful.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Power Poster

Ooooh, that border is yummy.