Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
using DMC 820 with 726 - one strand each - Wow! really pops. When I went to my local shop I also picked up some purple rayons - since my background is Iris - I may try to add a strand of purple here and there...what do you ladies with expertise think??

btw - name is Monica ..or Gus :lol: [grandsons' nickname...luv it... and for all you Disney fans - 'Gus gus' goes with mousie]
aw, I love Gus-Gus!!!! he's adorable!
so much easier to type than your board nick, lol!
When I bought my flosses there were only so many of the color, so I bought another that was close, so I could do what your doing. Put them together and let them complement each other.
Now your going to have me looking up those numbers. Cats may be curious...but so are some mice! :XD:
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
Oh man, Gus! I've just been using a deep gold (DMC). I LOVE the two floss colors together. Hope you don't mind if I copy you. I'd like to put a rust color in my gold.

BTW, I have always loved Gus Gus from Cinderella. :-D
rusty gold, lol! now that's OLD!
Sweetduck, I think that will be loverly! I can't wait to see them together. this is sooo much fun :XD:
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
***groaning*** Now I have the song stuck in my head. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly"
oh no...here I go... :lol:
Old 06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
Hello friends. Had the day off work(finally) and worked a bit on planning my blocks..will be gone all of July, so no sewing, and August will be a work transition month so not many sewing hours..so I needed some organization and plans. I have some blocks cut, many marked, and a few that I went ahead and did the bobbin work before the applique..I think it'll be easier for me that way.

I think it'll be fun to see how you all are working on this, wanna share?
Candi, your so organized! I have most of my stuff in the living room on the "Dora" table. (grandkids ;-) )
I play while dh watches the telly.
I think it's so neat that you shared the pics with us. I still love your red! (I bet it would look nice with a certain olive somebody got in the mail today ;) )
:D onward, AOTH-ers...woo hoo! :thumbup:
Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 AM

Oh my goodness Candi, you are sooo organized---you put me to shame!
I can't post pictures because I work on one block at a time. Well, sorta. I did all the applique on my first 17 blocks and didnt do all the embroidery. Those I'm saving to take with me on vacation. I precut all my background squares, but that is all the prep work I did. congratulations on your plan and follow through. (I bet your cupboards are tidy too aren't they?)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by candi
Hello friends. Had the day off work(finally) and worked a bit on planning my blocks..will be gone all of July, so no sewing, and August will be a work transition month so not many sewing hours..so I needed some organization and plans. I have some blocks cut, many marked, and a few that I went ahead and did the bobbin work before the applique..I think it'll be easier for me that way.

I think it'll be fun to see how you all are working on this, wanna share?
Candi, your so organized! I have most of my stuff in the living room on the "Dora" table. (grandkids ;-) )
I play while dh watches the telly.
I think it's so neat that you shared the pics with us. I still love your red! (I bet it would look nice with a certain olive somebody got in the mail today ;) )
:D onward, AOTH-ers...woo hoo! :thumbup:
Thanks Mousi:) can't wait to see your first block.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Oh my goodness Candi, you are sooo organized---you put me to shame!
I can't post pictures because I work on one block at a time. Well, sorta. I did all the applique on my first 17 blocks and didnt do all the embroidery. Those I'm saving to take with me on vacation. I precut all my background squares, but that is all the prep work I did. congratulations on your plan and follow through. (I bet your cupboards are tidy too aren't they?)
Hi Roxanne,
Because I am doing machine applique and bobbin work on my blocks, I am finding it easier to finish one stage for a group of blocks at a time. Because every time I switch between applique and bobbin work, I am having to change needles, thread and machine settings..well you get the picture. This way, I have 7 blocks with bobbin work done, I can just leave the machine alone for a while.

And why, my cupboards are tidy, lol. You know they say A messy room is a sign of creativity, I must have none, because I absolutely can't function in a cluttered environment...i drive myself crazy,lol, it is a disease I think, lol

:mrgreen:
Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Candi - is that background lily swirls in brown??
It will be stunning
Gus
Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 AM

It will be stunning
Gus
Thanks, Gus (lol). It is Blank's Quilting Fusion Illusion blender. It is very swirly..
Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 PM

It will be stunning
Gus
Originally Posted by Candi
Thanks, Gus (lol). It is Blank's Quilting Fusion Illusion blender. It is very swirly..
Candi, I love your background fabric. I'm working the opposite of you. I am doing my applique work and then I can take the blocks with me and do the embroidery when I travel. I am now trying to finish my third block. I work at a snail's pace so I am happy to complete a block in a week.