Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 363 of 425 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 362 363 364 373 413 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

wow, i really like that. I can't do that, but I like that, lol! :thumbup:

That is really nice Sandpat, thanks for sharing...

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Patti, I, too, saw this quilt. This is where I got the idea to use the corner hearts in the biggie border, but mine are beefier(to match their creator) & I made them with 2 pieces, but that's my inspiration! It really is a pretty quilt! I don't think I have that much open room on my blocks for all that quilting. I am planning on FMQ areoun the applique pieces & maybe an echo or two. With the embroidery around the border hearts, there won't be a whole lot of room there iether, so may just follow along side of the embroidery there, too.

Just really looked at this pic - wow, they really are dull! Not in real life! The right heart is turquoise - not grey! & the right one is more hot pink with purple spots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I really like your idea of using the corner hearts in the big border! I especially love the embroidery you're doing around them!

OMG those are very pretty Kathy, you do really nice work, your quilt will be stunningly beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Kathy,
    Did you decide against the reverse applique on the outer border?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Patti, I, too, saw this quilt. This is where I got the idea to use the corner hearts in the biggie border, but mine are beefier(to match their creator) & I made them with 2 pieces, but that's my inspiration! It really is a pretty quilt! I don't think I have that much open room on my blocks for all that quilting. I am planning on FMQ areoun the applique pieces & maybe an echo or two. With the embroidery around the border hearts, there won't be a whole lot of room there iether, so may just follow along side of the embroidery there, too.

Just really looked at this pic - wow, they really are dull! Not in real life! The right heart is turquoise - not grey! & the right one is more hot pink with purple spots.

Kathy, BEAUTIFUL!

Pat, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of similar swirlies for quilting mine, although mine are not as neat, lol :mrgreen:

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Kathy,
    Oh, yeah! I don't do reverse applique or needleturn. I'm doing freezer paper applique. I had thought her border was a little weak considering how elaborate the center part is. I know you don't want the borders to be more powerful than the main part of the quilt, but I just thought they could be beefier!

Blog Entries
    I was dreading all that reverse, how wide did you make the fabric for your heart 1/2" or 3/4"

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Kathy,
    Oh, yeah! I don't do reverse applique or needleturn. I'm doing freezer paper applique. I had thought her border was a little weak considering how elaborate the center part is. I know you don't want the borders to be more powerful than the main part of the quilt, but I just thought they could be beefier!

As I am doing the small size, I was looking at sashing mine also. Love the quilting on this one. Do you know if she has she done the original size or larger?

Kathy, your hearts and swirlies look fabulous - the beefier look appeals to me also.

Page 363 of 425 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 362 363 364 373 413 ... LastLast