Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 PM

I love this block Kathy. It seems I love them all - but actually I do.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Very pretty, Kathy.

I am finally home, and started looking at cutting more blocks for my AOTH and then realized that since I am setting them on point I need either 32, which means one more block only, or I need 41 blocks which means after I finish the 5 blocks to complete the 36, I'd still need to come up with 5 more. Decisions, decisions.

Candi, I wanted my center section to cover the top of my mattress, so enlarged it. I had to add 4 blocks to the center, then had to add another 4 blocks to the outer border. I just finished coming up with the last 4 designs and I'm working on finishing up the 1st of those blocks. I'll post it when I finish it. There are a couple of us who have done a few "extra" blocks.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Very pretty, Kathy.

I am finally home, and started looking at cutting more blocks for my AOTH and then realized that since I am setting them on point I need either 32, which means one more block only, or I need 41 blocks which means after I finish the 5 blocks to complete the 36, I'd still need to come up with 5 more. Decisions, decisions.
Glad you're back home. How did you like Boston? We used to live in Nashua, New Hampshire until 1991, when we moved to Milwaukee. Moved to New Mexico in 2001, right after 9/11.

I haven't done any math, but you could put in alternating plain squares to fill in the space for a larger top instead of having to design a bunch more. Just a thought.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 AM

Beautiful Lisa, I am ready to do the wide border also. I am only going to do hearts on opposite corners with gold embroidery scrolls on the other 2 corners. I am so excited to almost have this one done.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 AM

I did some math yesterday and I am now stumped on the size of my outer borders, I have an idea of what design I am going to put there but need to decide on how wide of a border. But I believe setting my 32 10'' blocks on point with 1'' finsihed shashing and at least 5'' outer border would get me a good size for our bed. Anyway my beloved decided that this quilt is going to be too pretty to use, so "we'' will only be using for special occasions, lol, what a funny thing but he is convinced
Originally Posted by sandpat View Post
Candi, I wanted my center section to cover the top of my mattress, so enlarged it. I had to add 4 blocks to the center, then had to add another 4 blocks to the outer border. I just finished coming up with the last 4 designs and I'm working on finishing up the 1st of those blocks. I'll post it when I finish it. There are a couple of us who have done a few "extra" blocks.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts View Post
Glad you're back home. How did you like Boston? We used to live in Nashua, New Hampshire until 1991, when we moved to Milwaukee. Moved to New Mexico in 2001, right after 9/11.

I haven't done any math, but you could put in alternating plain squares to fill in the space for a larger top instead of having to design a bunch more. Just a thought.
Oh me too, Kathy, I am so glad to be home, we really enjoyed Boston, but it was getting cold, not to mention the six inches we got the last weekend of October, brrrr....I love my FL sunshine . How funny, we did go to Nashua once and took advantage of the tax-free shopping.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 PM

Beautiful quilt Lisa, can't wait to see your borders!

I'm at a standstill while I wait for my next shipment of blocks to arrive. Should be any day...please. I still need to post my pictures of 7, 8 and 9....camera problems...I can't find it!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I did some math yesterday and I am now stumped on the size of my outer borders, I have an idea of what design I am going to put there but need to decide on how wide of a border. But I believe setting my 32 10'' blocks on point with 1'' finsihed shashing and at least 5'' outer border would get me a good size for our bed. Anyway my beloved decided that this quilt is going to be too pretty to use, so "we'' will only be using for special occasions, lol, what a funny thing but he is convinced

That is funny candi....our DH's have some interesting ideas, don't they? Mine won't be an everyday quilt either though...I have cats. DH doesn't want me to put ANY of my quilts on the bed due to the cats hair and pulling them with their claws. I keep telling him that I'll just make another..but no...he won't have it! LOL!

On your measurement...do you have EQ to play with your dimensions? 5" might get you a "good" size, but it might look a bit narrow...but I don't know if it will be right proportionally...know what I mean? It might though....oh...confused.....
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat View Post
That is funny candi....our DH's have some interesting ideas, don't they? Mine won't be an everyday quilt either though...I have cats. DH doesn't want me to put ANY of my quilts on the bed due to the cats hair and pulling them with their claws. I keep telling him that I'll just make another..but no...he won't have it! LOL!

On your measurement...do you have EQ to play with your dimensions? 5" might get you a "good" size, but it might look a bit narrow...but I don't know if it will be right proportionally...know what I mean? It might though....oh...confused.....
: LOL Pat, husbands are funny. But see it is really out of the goodness of their hearts. They don't want our hard work to go to waste by "messing' the quilts up from wear and tear..as far as I am concerened that is what I make them for, but I still appreciate his appreciation

Yes, I do have EQ and will play a round a bit more once I get settled back in, still have Christmas things to be done and I am in a baking mood lol. I think that the applique design I use in the border will sorta of determine how wide I should make the border proprtion wise and all. I am sure somehow I'll get it figured out, and excited that the end is in sight for this quilt yay!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Thats how I'm feeling about it....I'm giving my outer border some serious thought while I'm finishing up the last 3 blocks....after the holidays...it'll be time to start on that!