Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 12-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Hey, Candi, How the dickens are you? Did you guys get settled back into home? Are you rarin' to get back to your old pace?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts View Post
Hey, Candi, How the dickens are you? Did you guys get settled back into home? Are you rarin' to get back to your old pace?
LOL about how the dickens are you.
Yes, we are back home, been home for 10 days now, yay. Settling back in and back to work already, still have lots to do for Christmas so my AOTH sits and waits. I have decided that it is a good size with just the 32 10'' blocks on point with 1'' sahsing. Dying to finish the last two blocks and put the top together but don't think I can do that until January, trying to finish up a couple of presents that I need to mail this week and finish up the photo quilt I am making for my mother first, and of course I must be sick in the head, because I started working on Bonnie Hunte'sr mystery quilt too, lol. Never done a scrappy and not sure that I even like them, so one would be right to wonder about what in the world I am doing, lol. Hope you are enjoying the season, Kathy. I mean you really should with the AOTH top under your belt.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:28 AM

wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM

First - a little word about Steph [DD] - the short version... the GI series was canceled last Thursday because she simply wasn't 'clear' enough. Liver enzymes were up quite a bit so they did an abdominal ultrasound Friday morning where they found gallstones! been told not to get hopes toooo up - this does however explain all the increase in pain, nausea, major heartburn & weight loss. Steph also was given 2 protocols [both rather toxic - remicade then cellcept] for the behcets disease. She was discharged later on Friday and we both returned to the lodge. On Saturday I rented a car so we could drive around doing some site-seeing. We went to Jinny Beyer's studio in Great Falls, VA - then to the falls themselves [beautiful & freezing! - but great that Steph felt like doing a little moving around.] We visited the National Zoo - animals were smarter than us as they all were in hiding by 3pm and then drove around the monuments in DC. Home on Sunday nite & today she had a consult with her gastroenterologist who agreed she needed her gallbladder removed so she has a consult with the surgeon next Tuesday. I hope &pray this will take care of it all!

on a totally other note - Kathy - been thinking about extra embroidery on block #1 - I'm not even close to making that one!! However, I think I know what would work - just hope I can describe it so you understand - repeat the same embroidered scrolls on the interior of the block by swirling around the "ball" of the scroll and swoop down in between that "ball" and the "ball" counterclockwise to it then swirl into the space of the squashed heart or leaf shape made by the scrolls. The embroidery that I'm suggesting pretty much mimics what you do on the outside - you could actually make that curly swirl big enough to fill the whole space. [make sense?? if not and I have a chance I will sketch it]
Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 PM

Cre - I hope all this means there is a little light at the end of the tunnel for DD.

I would just love to see Jinny Beyer's Studio. I order her fabrics on-line and just love them. You certainly covered a bit of ground with your sight-seeing - great that DD felt up to participating.

I'm nowhere near #1 either, but would love to see a sketch of all your swoops and swirls - I was sitting here going cross-eyed trying to visualise.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Cre - Hoping the gallbladder surgery will take care of DD's problems. It was nice that the two of you were able to do some sightseeing before heading home. I would love to be able to see Jinny Beyer's studio.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Thats at least some news that might help your DD Cre....so good news on that front. Of course, when Drs. tell us that a Minor surgery will help DH...we just look at him and say "its only 'Minor" because you're not on the other end of the knife!" Hope the surgery does help your DD though.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM

I am back home after 21 days in Australia and New Zealand. It was wonderful. I took 1 square to applique and then 4 other blocks to embroider. I finally finished the applique on the day before we left for home. I never touched the embroidery. Gus, I pray that the gallbladder surgery will help your daughter. I had mine removed several years ago and I was an out-patient. Very short recovery period. Kathy, your AOTH is beautiful. I can't wait until mine is finished. I can't believe that Christmas is only 9 days away. I don't have any decorations up and I haven't thought about baking. I still have my shopping to do this week. It was a great trip but it is so wonderful to be home. I missed being in touch with all of you.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:56 PM

Glad you enjoyed your trip Losie. What parts of Australia did you visit?

You had better break out those decorations now though.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Welcome home Losie, glad you had a fun trip.