View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

First - a little word about Steph [DD] - the short version... the GI series was canceled last Thursday because she simply wasn't 'clear' enough. Liver enzymes were up quite a bit so they did an abdominal ultrasound Friday morning where they found gallstones! been told not to get hopes toooo up - this does however explain all the increase in pain, nausea, major heartburn & weight loss. Steph also was given 2 protocols [both rather toxic - remicade then cellcept] for the behcets disease. She was discharged later on Friday and we both returned to the lodge. On Saturday I rented a car so we could drive around doing some site-seeing. We went to Jinny Beyer's studio in Great Falls, VA - then to the falls themselves [beautiful & freezing! - but great that Steph felt like doing a little moving around.] We visited the National Zoo - animals were smarter than us as they all were in hiding by 3pm and then drove around the monuments in DC. Home on Sunday nite & today she had a consult with her gastroenterologist who agreed she needed her gallbladder removed so she has a consult with the surgeon next Tuesday. I hope &pray this will take care of it all!

on a totally other note - Kathy - been thinking about extra embroidery on block #1 - I'm not even close to making that one!! However, I think I know what would work - just hope I can describe it so you understand - repeat the same embroidered scrolls on the interior of the block by swirling around the "ball" of the scroll and swoop down in between that "ball" and the "ball" counterclockwise to it then swirl into the space of the squashed heart or leaf shape made by the scrolls. The embroidery that I'm suggesting pretty much mimics what you do on the outside - you could actually make that curly swirl big enough to fill the whole space. [make sense?? if not and I have a chance I will sketch it]