Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm still not sold that you could do all parts of these smaller patterns by the turn inside out method. It may just be that we'll need to use several different methods on each block to make them easy to do and to end up with the pretty points that we all want. That is unless you are doing straight needle turn...something to think about for sure!

Lesely...8 blocks :shock:..maybe I should loose my internet! Oh NO...bite my tongue!
LOL :-D :D :-D :P
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM

I have just finished my 8th block (sorry ladies), so I have the top two rows of the centre section done now.

I'm sitting here slack-jawed. ***shaking my head*** Okay, there are no if's and's or but's......I need to be able to quit work and spend time on my sewing everyday. Who needs to eat or pay bills anyway?!

Patti, take good care of our Hope. Poor baby. I bet it gets exhausting, both physically and mentally, getting her through each day.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Ok here is the fabrics I have picked out so far . LOL I did soak some in the hot water last night and the reds did fine - the purples not so well :? *big sigh* will do all of them in hot water now . I think I am sticking with a black background :roll: LOL

In the background will be used for the applique border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159217[/ATTACH]

more fat quarters - didn't know how many I would need
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159218[/ATTACH]

and more pinks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159212.jpe   attachment-159213.jpe   attachment-159214.jpe  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 AM

Oh, wow, Sharon! Those fabrics are so pretty! I still haven't soaked mine yet, but I think I will this time out of curiosity.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Lovely fabrics, gorgeous colours, that is going to be so pretty on the black
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Lovely fabrics, gorgeous colours, that is going to be so pretty on the black
I agree. Love how vivid they look :thumbup:

Patti, I am with you, I played with some scraps and a heart using Eleanor Burns turn inside out fusible method, and I am not getting it to look neat. I am sticking with my Templar method...the good thing about using these heat resistant templates is that they are reusable and I noticed many blocks use some of the same shapes, so less cutting for me it looks like.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

Sharon, that is a scrummy selection of fabrics you have there - I wouldn't mind having some of those myself! Having done a few blocks now, I am convinced that I could probably have done with more fat eighths if they had been available, so that I had more choices - I am going to have a lot of fabric left over, so I will need another stash busting idea at the end of the day. They are really quite small pieces for each applique.

I have also found myself actully wanting more prints rather than the blendables. I have a few, but already I have put some ordinary cotton in because I didn't have what I wanted in a batik.

BTW, loved it that I opened up this thread, and found an ad for Wedding dresses at the top.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Its good to know that I am not the only one finding it difficult putting the colours together for this quilt. It is quite difficult and I too have had to raid my cupboards for anything else I may have.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 PM

Here is the QAYG. Not my method but one I found unfortunately it didn´t have any pics so I have put this one together for you.

I don´t have two AOTH blocks made so I have used two blocks which will give you the idea ok

Please ask any questions if you don´t understand anything

Your two blocks ready to quilt. Place your batting and backing on both blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122454[/ATTACH]

Mark around each block with a 1/2" chalk line. quilt up to this line and no further
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122556[/ATTACH]

Turn your blocks over and pin back your batting and mark a 1/4" line. Pin along this line and sew
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122557[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122449.jpe   attachment-122551.jpe   attachment-122552.jpe  
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Sharon B, love your colors but my oh my, those pinks are right in my ballpark.

I love hot pink and so does my GD (over in my avatar). We are hot pink nuts. In fact, little Ruby has a hot pink blanket that she loves. When her Mommy tucks her in at night she doesn't want anything touching her except the hot pink blanket. lol, lol

Lesley, I am not daunted in the slightest that you are way ahead of us all. I know when the time comes so many of us will need your help that you wouldn't have time to do both. Thank you wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance! :-D