helped me line up the diagonal rows better, and i seemed to get better grasp on the kinds of fabric jane had used.
i took some really good pic's of the orginal jane, when i went to vt. and it's on flicker. i was amazed how nice the 1863 quilt looked. it had not faded at all. if they had of oxi cleaned a couple spots on it, it still would have looked brand new.
flicker feed user is under sewNso1. be sure and use the #1 after the name.
15 yds of background material is wayyyy too much.AND a 6" sq is good for each square, but then you don't have any matching color left over for a triangle. i liked the 10" squares. then had enough for tri's also.
i may join you all and make another one.