Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 9 Rotary Cutting Instructions Blocks 17 & 18 >

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 9 Rotary Cutting Instructions Blocks 17 & 18

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 9 Rotary Cutting Instructions Blocks 17 & 18

Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM

Note: These 2 blocks have alot of bias sides so starch your fabric well before you cut it.

Block # 17

1. Light T # 15 Cut two 3-3/4" squares- then in half.

2. Dark T # 21 Cut a strip 1-15/16" x 10- 1/2" then cut every 1-15/16" to get 5 squares.

3. Light T # 13 Cut a strip 1-7/8" x 12" then cut every 1-7/8" to get six 1-7/8" squares--
then cut in half

4. Dark T # 13 Cut a strip 1-7/8" x 8" then cut every 1-7/8" to get four 1-7/8" squares-
then cut in half.

Block #18

Everyone is on their own for this block. I tried paper piecing it the way EQ7 printed it out and I didn't like the way
the seams were layered. They were too bunched up and too thick so I think the best way to do this block is the way
it's pictured in the book. I will use freezer paper for the templates to keep the bias sides from stretching. Maybe sewing
just to the pointed ends and then fixing and leave the remaing 1/4" end of the seam allowance open the way you do
when hand piecing. If anyone has a better way of doing it--please let all of us know. Anne