Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. >

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Gwenny - your block is sooo beautiful!!! Good colors that pop!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gwenny
I finished my block. I do have one question. My block unfinished is 12". What did I miss with this? Help me out please if you can.
Not sure why it is only 12". If you haven't removed the paper, that could be taking up some room and it would press out larger after the paper is removed. Mine I did as standard paperpiecing was a little smaller than 12-1/2 but I was able to size it up where it should be. The one I did the freezer paper method was 12-1/2.

Your star is beautiful. Love the colors.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine
2 Doods, you are taking Star Light, Star Bright, to a new level. :) It is going to be spectacular!

I was thinking that when we get to the end of the year, it would be fun if everyone took a picture of all their blocks together. I know we won't have them quilted or even sewn together, but it would be fun to see everyones color schemes with all their stars just laid out.
Great idea- thanks for sharing :!: :!: :!:
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I finished my Bright Star today.

Thank you for the pattern Jerri. It is a pretty star.

Thank you Judy for the slide shows too. It is fun to see them all together!
STUNNING :lol:
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 PM

I finished my block. I do have one question. My block unfinished is 12". What did I miss with this? Help me out please if you can.
My favorite colours. Fantastic. Loving your fabrics
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 AM

Gorgeous block!! Love your fabric choices. Not sure about the finish but I did notice when I printed my pattern that the measurements were off by a tiny bit. Using the 1" square as a guide it was off by 1/10" of an inch which could account for the missing 1/4" on your block? Not sure if this is the reason for it.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 AM

so very pretty!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:22 AM

My finished block also came in at 12"...along with points that didn't match up, etc. I'm really disappointed in how it came out and will have to redo it. I'm new to paperpiecing and this is only the third block I've tried. My points don't match up very well. BTW, your block is beautiful...along with all the others that have posted.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
My finished block also came in at 12"...along with points that didn't match up, etc. I'm really disappointed in how it came out and will have to redo it. I'm new to paperpiecing and this is only the third block I've tried. My points don't match up very well. BTW, your block is beautiful...along with all the others that have posted.
Practice and more practice is required unfortunately, but as you can see with the above, the results in the end are definitely worth it. Good luck further and keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Practice and more practice is required unfortunately, but as you can see with the above, the results in the end are definitely worth it. Good luck further and keeping my fingers crossed.
The results are definitely worth it. Some of the blocks I've seen are perfect...so beautiful! I haven't been quilting very long and have to be patient...hard to do!