Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club QUILT-ALONG wk 39 Sugar Bowl & Summer's Dream >

The FWS Pony Club QUILT-ALONG wk 39 Sugar Bowl & Summer's Dream

The FWS Pony Club QUILT-ALONG wk 39 Sugar Bowl & Summer's Dream

Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Ggal, I have totes and boxes of scraps and after using most of the western fabric I acquired for this journey the scrap bin is where I've been picking my fabric for the blocks...I'm also participating in a couple of 1-1/2" & 2-1/2" swaps and when I come across some piece that calls to me...that's what I use...I loved Dots (candy) as a kid and the colorful dots reminded me of them...The blue waves was next to the dots in the bin..I then said to myself "this is it"...
Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM

All of you ladies AMAZE me

Keep up the good work
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM

How are you feeling, DD? Hope you're better and back to sewing.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes DD how are ya? We have all been prayin' for ya.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

Looks like you Chatty Cathies are on a Sugar High from these sugar bowls!

And some pretty grand ones there are!

JanRN ... a tisket a tasket, I like your sugar basket! Wonderful contrasts on both blocks. And ever so perfectly pieced! Did you get all stocked up for winter snow days?

CarrieM ... catching up with old friends is always more important than stitching! I like the contrasts in the difference of the two blocks ... subtle contrasts to more drama.

Honchey ... leave it to you to master FC the dots and get it all ever so straight! Great contrast with the swirly blue. Me thinks it may be a batik? OMG, you have your western fabrics pretty much used up? Gosh, that wasn't very good planning!!!!!!!!!!

JeanieG ... hahahaha! and you're plugging along? Then there's those of us out in the dust!

MiraB ... another beautiful pair. Is the tan with the blue star a new entry? Works great with your fabrics. Wonder? Hope your Craft Fair FART with your DD was a success. Take Note! Igot the DD right, not DH!! And YIKES!!! You were flooded in for ten days? and we thought our snowstorms were terrible. Nothing like that!!!

DDamsel ... and a howdy to you Missy! Sure hope you are doing what needs to be done, and a-sittin' and a-stitchin' and a-gettin' better!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 PM

QuiltE our home is what is called highset or elevated, fourteen steps from the ground up and the water was up to the fourth step. Our yard also slopes down towards the front fence and it was about 4 foot at the front of the yard and about 3 feet at the back. We were marooned on our own little Island
I am just home from the Craft Fair and bought a few patterns (that's ok right) a couple of embroidery designs CD's (that's also alright) and not one piece of fabric There were no specials and with FQ's at $5 each I wasn't buying. That is about the standard price for them over here.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... don't feel bad as that's the standard FQ price here, too! Sometimes less but if it's nice and what you really want, you can count it's the higher end. While no fabrics, glad that you helped the economy with some pattern and embroidery acquisitions!!

With water aka floods like that, it's understandable why your home is on stilts!
I bet at times you start to consider building an ark.
Maybe this year, you should have some fun with that and make an ark quilt?

Now the question I am wondering ... is this a riverbed that floods?
or merely monsoonal rains that just don't drain away from you?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 PM

QuiltE I am only about 10 miles from the Coast, and the river systems which feed out to the ocean are effected by high tides. When we had the floods in 2009 we had 80 inches of rain in 40 days, yes it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and the final nail in the coffin was a king tide(which is higher than normal) which flooded our river systems and the rivers broke their banks. When we bought our house we did get the flood map of the town to ensure we were out of the flooded areas and the owners told us we would only get about 6 inches of water under the house so that sealed the deal for us.
This was called a "hundred year flood" so once in a lifetime all the stars and planets aligned for this disaster to happen.

Yes I have used the tan star fabric before, I do not have much fabric left to choices are becoming limited.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Thanks MiraB ... Once again, this is amazing what we learn about other parts of the world!

They use the same 100 yr reference here ... when constructing storm measures here, then every once awhile we get some close together events and everyone laughs, yea right as though it'll wait 200 or 300 yrs! Thankfully we don;t see the same flooding as you deal with.

Let's hope that this year is not one of those high tide and heavy rain seasons for you!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Thanks ALL I am feeling quite a bit better today, it is difficult to hold this girl down! I did make some progress on my PC blocks WooHoo!

WOW Mirabelle! good thing you didnt get washed away!