Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page

Guess What???? I have a block for this week done...granted it's the easier one...still...It's done...I'm really going to try to get a few of the previous week's finished this week...I have several in different stages of completion...

I had to take the center square from another block I started and the cowpoke isn't centered too well but at least he's in one piece... I also didn't pp this block...I can't believe the pping in the book for this block!

Here is my Western Star....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cute! you did good.

Hooray!! Love your Western Star with the cowpoke riding onto the scene. Name:  Western Star.JPG
Views: 658
Size:  67.0 KBWestern Star is the coyote, singing his song all through the years in the West-of-the-Mississippi countryside...and the wild mustangs that roamed the West...now only in limited areas.

And Virginia Star...again?? O r is it time for village school house again???

Ok, its the last two blocks!! Name:  Young man's fancy.JPG
Views: 991
Size:  88.7 KBYoung Man's Fancy is the last block in the book, also called Broken Canoe or Iowa Star...pattern downloaded from another site....paper pieced to celebrate the last one!! A bit of several pieces of fabric: horseshoes for good luck, and a red star (Canadian blue ribbon color) and a bucking buck ride finished, finally!! We made it to the finish line, watching others crossing that line...and cheering them onward. What next, PC riders??

Blog Entries
    Again how different these two blocks look with fabric choices-both of them so very nice BTW!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I have both of these blocks done...

QNS--as always you have some great blocks there.

Oh Boy, I did it again!!! I had Village School House on my mind and didn't realize I typed it in instead of Young Man's Fancy...
    Well I hope all of you know that the last two blocks are the ones for this the last week. Whew!.

Great blocks and stories. Hard to believe these are the last ones. Of course I sub'd for the last one, guess "y".Name:  Western Star & Sub.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  649.8 KB
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Honchey--I forgot to comment on your block earlier...great job getting one done! Perfect fabrics.

Jan--I like your fabrics and quilting too...the circles on WS change the look. What is the name of your sub. block?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast