Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-45-western-star-village-school-house-photo-page-t205902.html)

Honchey 11-13-2012 02:49 PM

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page

1 Attachment(s)
Guess What???? I have a block for this week done...granted it's the easier one...still...It's done...I'm really going to try to get a few of the previous week's finished this week...I have several in different stages of completion...

I had to take the center square from another block I started and the cowpoke isn't centered too well but at least he's in one piece... I also didn't pp this block...I can't believe the pping in the book for this block!

Here is my Western Star....

joanieowen 11-13-2012 03:07 PM

cute! you did good.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-13-2012 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hooray!! Love your Western Star with the cowpoke riding onto the scene. [ATTACH=CONFIG]376404[/ATTACH]Western Star is the coyote, singing his song all through the years in the West-of-the-Mississippi countryside...and the wild mustangs that roamed the West...now only in limited areas.

And Virginia Star...again?? O r is it time for village school house again???:shock:

QuiltingNinaSue 11-13-2012 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, its the last two blocks!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]376406[/ATTACH]Young Man's Fancy is the last block in the book, also called Broken Canoe or Iowa Star...pattern downloaded from another site....paper pieced to celebrate the last one!! A bit of several pieces of fabric: horseshoes for good luck, and a red star (Canadian blue ribbon color) and a bucking buck ride finished, finally!! We made it to the finish line, watching others crossing that line...and cheering them onward. What next, PC riders??

oksewglad 11-13-2012 04:32 PM

Again how different these two blocks look with fabric choices-both of them so very nice BTW!

carriem 11-13-2012 05:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have both of these blocks done...

carriem 11-13-2012 05:37 PM

QNS--as always you have some great blocks there.

Honchey 11-13-2012 05:48 PM

Oh Boy, I did it again!!! I had Village School House on my mind and didn't realize I typed it in instead of Young Man's Fancy...
Well I hope all of you know that the last two blocks are the ones for this the last week. Whew!.

janRN 11-13-2012 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks and stories. Hard to believe these are the last ones. Of course I sub'd for the last one, guess "y".[ATTACH=CONFIG]376436[/ATTACH]

carriem 11-13-2012 07:10 PM

Honchey--I forgot to comment on your block earlier...great job getting one done! Perfect fabrics.

Jan--I like your fabrics and quilting too...the circles on WS change the look. What is the name of your sub. block?