Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-13-2015, 07:19 PM

The weather people are calling it a blizzard and it's heading towards Boston ..again. we're due to get 3-6 inches...it's just very very cold. I'm not feeling too well tonite..queasy stomach....hope it passes quickly..

Stay warm all of you and have a good nite..
Old 02-14-2015, 06:14 AM

Cloudy & overcast this morning, still very cold. I'm feeling much better this a.m.

Put together the 2 star blocks for a quilt to be raffled off sometime this year...

Have to start packing the car for our trip to NC...I don't want to even think about going into the cold garage...Brrrrr..
maybe I'll just put the stuff by the door

Here's my stars.

Have a good day all.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2426.jpg  
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM

Love the stars, Honchey. Put the pile by the door and have him go warm up the car for you....nice idea if it happens or not...

Take care everyone and keep safe...
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Love the stars, Anne, esp the fabric in the blue one. Lots of movement. Have a safe trip south. I really hate to tell you this but they're predicting very cold & some snow in the south (have I mentioned I'm a Weather Channel junkie LOL). I'm whining about 4 or 5" of snow--I can't fathom what they're going thru in Boston--Lord have mercy!

Have the day all to myself today. MrJanRN and DS are finishing the basement in DS's new house. Today they're doing plumbing. Neither are plumbers. Need I say more????? Got a table runner FMQ'd, just have to attach the binding. Also started this months QOTS mini blocks. I love them and make them as soon as she posts them.

Stay warm & safe and do something you love today--Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-14-2015, 11:40 AM

You people in the snowy country stay dry and warm! I cannot imagine all that snow either. We use to take a February trip just to see snow!

Anne your blocks are perfect!!!

I have four more main blocks on my Bonnie Hunter Mystery to put together. I've decided to put a 1" sashing between all the main sections. I have seen this done on several of the quilts, and it really tones down the ultra busyness. I have a section of the quilt put up on my display wall. The whole thing is not going to fit - way too big.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Cold and windy here, but no snow. Avery and I made cupcakes with an angel food mix. With one pan we placed a marble between the liner. It creates a little v to make the cupcake to look like a heart. Avery thought it was neat...

Time to watch BB..Go Cyclones.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Good to hear from JanRN and Jeanie and OK. It did not snow here, but windy and growing colder. It did melt off most of our snow, so my eyes do not tear up looking out the front door. Seven quarts of chicken done, did not get the canner lid on straight so shut off the heat on last batch, to straighten up the lid before processing can start. Bummer.

Ok, the marble idea sounds cute.

JanRN, I hope your basement does not flood or grow mold.

take care.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:50 PM

Hello All--

I have been reading but not had much time to respond this past week. I have just about everything moved into my new room. I went from a 12x12 shed to ~16'x~18' room. So there is a picture of me vacuuming right after the carpet is installed and then the rest are from the 4 corners of the room with close ups up the big cabinet which has scrapbook stuff in it and one of the white cupboards...the tubs are my scraps sorted by color and the top are my larger pieces of fabric. It is full now, I took the picture before getting all the fabric stacked nicely. The other cupboard is for flannels...yet to be sorted/stacked. I have batting in my cutting table cabinet. Singer sewing machines...treadle was my great-grandmother's. The other cabinet was a machine I bought when I wanted to learn to sew...$25 at a garage sale (sewed most of my skirts and lots of dresses for my girls on that). The last (under the dome cover) was an antique store find. My youngest DD has claimed it as hers.

Piles on the floor are about all put away now...getting close to where I can sit down and sew again regularly...YAY!!!

PS Design wall is yet to be done...will show a picture of that when I have it up...
Attached Thumbnails img_0140.jpg   img_1101.jpg.jpeg   img_1102.jpg.jpeg   img_1104.jpg.jpeg   img_1107.jpg.jpeg  

img_1105.jpg.jpeg   img_1139.jpg.jpeg   img_1108.jpg.jpeg  

Last edited by carriem; 02-14-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:24 PM

Carrie, its looking great! Heavy totes on top, you might want to re-think...and put heavy things on the bottom...and put the light weight small pieces of fabric on top... so you will not hurt your back. Looking terrific, good luck.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:45 PM

Carrie, that turned out wonderful!! I am so jealous of all the space & organization that you have. I just showed the pics to MrJanRn--he said "don't get any ideas, we don't have room in our yard for one of those". You & the kidddos are going to have so much fun sewing & crafting. What a great job you & DH did!