Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Thread: The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page

Mine too QuiltE. Freezers are full to the brim and canning storage is almost full, so its a good question. I keep trying to lower the level of the freezers to hold more fresh produce and meat. Its like my stash that keeps on growing....and my good friend that has promised me 3 big storage bins of batiks. I quit buying chickens at the food store at 69 cents a pound or 99 cents a pound for the over five pound fryers...and storing in the freezer. But a beef, grown locally, is coming the first of September.

The thorn-less dew berries were turning out berries by the gallon a day, then every other day. Gave away washed frozen or not frozen berries to friends and neighbors. No room for fresh corn. Have made tomato juice, thick, to use as sauce this year. Have a squeeze-o to run the tomatoes through which helps. Probably will give the nectarines and peaches a hot water bath, take the skin off and seed out, then run them through the squeeze-o and make jelly with a friend and let her take most of it home with her. Have shared the bounty of the tomatoes with neighbors and friends. The Moss girls got 2 big cabbage heads, too. Have 6 more white heads and 4 red cabbage heads coming on, and cucumbers, too. Cannot stand for produce go to waste.

It makes me wonder if you ever sleep, QNSue?
    You have me drooling with all your delights!
    ............ and green with envy to say the least!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, I sleep 8-10 hours every night and nap in the early afternoon. My age is showing and my speed is slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    QuiltE, I sleep 8-10 hours every night and nap in the early afternoon. My age is showing and my speed is slowing down.

And I bet you're non-stop the rest of the time!
    It's OK to slow down, you know!! You've earned the right!!

Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17