Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Week 39 Blocks 77 & 78 Discussion Page

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,730
    Here we are..another week gone by..too quick for me..I haven't even picked out my fabric for this set of blocks. Too much Holiday!!!

  2. #2
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    3,344
    Holidays are for families to enjoy one another...when they can celebrate together. Unfortunately, that is not the case with dh family or mine or our children whom we love. Our children are grown and live elsewhere. You cannot choose family members, just friends. All are welcome at our home if they choose to come.

    Yes, I have been quilting, working on the visual board with all the blocks of the fwqs. Therefore I cannot separate the blocks 50-75 from their place on the board. I may try to take a picture or series of pictures for viewing on QB.

  3. #3
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,730
    Today I took the day off from everything. Sleeping in until 10 a.m. Then went to the VSG where I used to work and I'm still on standby and really enjoyed just being with everyone. came home 6 hours later and went out for dinner. I'm watching Survivor and then I'm going to turn on my sewing machine and stat the blocks for this week and finish one from last week...then I'm going to gather up 51-75 and take a photo to post. I've had a very nice day and I really feel good and wanted to share it with all of you. Anne

  4. #4
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    3,873
    Anne I call those "me days"--they don't happen too often but sure are great when you get one. Glad you enjoyed your day and feel rested enough to tackle block 78. That one made me cry "Uncle!" When you check out the photo page for 77 & 78 you'll see my attempt. I decided stressing out over one block was silly so I made up one for my dog, Patches, who is always helping out in the sewing room. I look forward to your blocks--everyone (but me) did a great job on 78.

  5. #5
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    595
    Block 78 was difficult to say the least. I am using the pp patterns from the yahoo group. My computer has apparently contracted a shut down virus and my scans of the blocks are locked up for now. I am totally lost. Trying to work on my husbands laptop but can't get my printer/scanner to work.

  6. #6
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Block 78 was difficult to say the least. I am using the pp patterns from the yahoo group. My computer has apparently contracted a shut down virus and my scans of the blocks are locked up for now. I am totally lost. Trying to work on my husbands laptop but can't get my printer/scanner to work.
    Oh gosh violetsfarm, so sorry about your computer problems. Don't you just hate that! I know I do. It is amazing how much we rely on computers these days, we just can't get along with them.

  7. #7
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    2,974
    I noticed on the Yahoo FWS that Laurie is going to release her new book "The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Sampler" in a couple of months. Is anyone interested in starting that one when this one if finished?

    There is going to be 90 8" squares rather than 6 1/2" in this quilt, so should be a little easier to piece with the larger pieces. It will make a queen size quilt.

    I asked about the possibility of using our templates from FWS quilt since I made plastic templates, but Laurie said that she tried that and gave up because of the number of templates and trying to keep them organized. She said she just printed out each blocks templates from the CD on card stock as she went along and that worked pretty well. She is going to have PP pages that go along with each block on the CD as well.

    There are not too many of us left doing this, but I enjoy doing the blocks each week, and in the end we will have another great quilt. I really enjoy chatting with all of you and seeing your blocks here on this website. Hope we can continue!

  8. #8
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    I noticed on the Yahoo FWS that Laurie is going to release her new book "The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Sampler" in a couple of months. Is anyone interested in starting that one when this one if finished?

    There is going to be 90 8" squares rather than 6 1/2" in this quilt, so should be a little easier to piece with the larger pieces. It will make a queen size quilt.

    I asked about the possibility of using our templates from FWS quilt since I made plastic templates, but Laurie said that she tried that and gave up because of the number of templates and trying to keep them organized. She said she just printed out each blocks templates from the CD on card stock as she went along and that worked pretty well. She is going to have PP pages that go along with each block on the CD as well.

    There are not too many of us left doing this, but I enjoy doing the blocks each week, and in the end we will have another great quilt. I really enjoy chatting with all of you and seeing your blocks here on this website. Hope we can continue!
    Hi Jeanie, I wouldn't mind doing it. I read some of the info about it on the yahoo site. Some of the blocks are going to have ALOT of pieces, some of them more than 20. If I do do it I will be using a themed fabric line. It's too hard for the scrappy for me at this time. I'm tired of searching for pieces to fit in.

  9. #9
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    3,873
    Jeanie and Anne: I'd like to do this one too but , man, I agree about scrappy----never again!! I'm too anal.

  10. #10
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Jeanie and Anne: I'd like to do this one too but , man, I agree about scrappy----never again!! I'm too anal.
    I agree! I used a layer cake and added to it on both of my lap quilts. With the 40 pieces of different coordinated fabric it really helped a lot. I think next time I may get a fat quarter bundle, as you would get more fabric that coordinated, then get some solids to fill in. I really like not having to "think" about the fabric matching....I am also too anal!!! However, even if you got a fat quarter or 1/2 yd, it would be way too expensive to buy 40 different pieces. Decisions, decisions!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.