Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The FWS Quilt_Along Week 24 Blocks 45 & 46 Discussion Page.

I am so upset with myself :-( . About one and a half hours ago I did something wrong and I lost all my instructions for the rotary cutting for this week as I was typing them. I had to start all over again. What a bummer :( Anyway another week is here and we are 41.44% of the way to block completion. That's for those who are up to date. I wish I was up to date! I do have my fabric all picked out for the next several blocks. I have some more assembly work to do on this weeks blocks. I really would like to get caught up. Anne

Anne, thank you so much for all of the hard work you have put into this project! I greatly appreciate it!!! When I moved I was about 12 blocks behind, you will catch up just fine :D

Anne,
    Sorry to hear about losing the rotary instructions, How frustrating. I too want to "Thank you" for all your Hard work!!((HUGS))
    Have you been able to figure out an easier pp pattern for
    #47? I am going to try and work at it some more this afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Anne, so sorry to hear about losing the directions and having to re-do them! Thanks so much for all you for us here! We appreciate it!!!

I enjoyed making block 45, but not 46. I don't think 46 is a particularly pretty block.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSD
    Anne,
    Sorry to hear about losing the rotary instructions, How frustrating. I too want to "Thank you" for all your Hard work!!((HUGS))
    When I did this block I sewed the 3 piece corners first.Then joined a corner to # 54- then added another corner. Repeat this step for the other side.I then sewed the other 2 # 54 to the center square. You now have 3 sections a top, middle and a bottom section. when you line up the middle to the top (do this for the other section too) pin the intersecions where the center block is then sew it using a fix stitch at the intersections. remove from the machine. you will then bring the ends of #54 & 55 together by placing a pin thru the points of both where they are supposed to be sewn. In order to get these 2 sections to lay flat to sew you have to fold the center block. place the section back on machine- bring the needle down in the intersection and continue sewing to the end. This is pivoting. some will do this in one fell swoop, all 3 sections at once, if you do that-when you get to the intersection (inside point)leave the needle in the down position- lift the presser foot- adjust the fabric so it lays flat, lower presser foot and continue sewing. I find that sewing this block in the 3 sections there's less handling and the block won't get distorted. There are no set in seams this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Anne,
    When I did this block I sewed the 3 piece corners first.Then joined a corner to # 54- then added another corner. Repeat this step for the other side.I then sewed the other 2 # 54 to the center square. You now have 3 sections a top, middle and a bottom section. when you line up the middle to the top (do this for the other section too) pin the intersecions where the center block is then sew it using a fix stitch at the intersections. remove from the machine. you will then bring the ends of #54 & 55 together by placing a pin thru the points of both where they are supposed to be sewn. In order to get these 2 sections to lay flat to sew you have to fold the center block. place the section back on machine- bring the needle down in the intersection and continue sewing to the end. This is pivoting. some will do this in one fell swoop, all 3 sections at once, if you do that-when you get to the intersection (inside point)leave the needle in the down position- lift the presser foot- adjust the fabric so it lays flat, lower presser foot and continue sewing. I find that sewing this block in the 3 sections there's less handling and the block won't get distorted. There are no set in seams this way.
    Thank you Anne
    I will print and see what happens.

Thank you Anne for all you do. I'm so far behind it's not even funny. Honestly I only have through 12 done. I'm not worried. Finally got my sewing room back so I'll slowly catch up. I enjoy the process, looking at everyone's blocks and reading the letters in the book, so there is no downside. It's all good. Again, thank you for the instructions. Have been a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Anne,
    Thank you Anne
    I will print and see what happens.
    Hi, here is a scan of the backside of the block. you can see how the middle section-crosswise- lays flat after sewing. you can also see where the stitching starts-fixed- in the corners of the center square. You can also see a crooked seam :oops: ,I left it that way because the front turned out okay. Visuals always help. Anne

block 47 backside
    Name:  Attachment-154030.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  92.6 KB

Thank you Anne.

Beautiful work, Anne. I love it. Working on getting there with mine...but I am not there yet. Yes, I am guilty of "fussy cutting" my material to put the picture where I want it in each block. Made up to #60, and quit making FWSQ blocks for a while. Doing a quilt pattern called "True Blue" from Miss Rosy. Also Blue rose pattern quilt, too. Winter blues, I guess.