Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Honchey

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Anne,
Sorry to hear about losing the rotary instructions, How frustrating. I too want to "Thank you" for all your Hard work!!((HUGS))
Have you been able to figure out an easier pp pattern for
#47? I am going to try and work at it some more this afternoon.
When I did this block I sewed the 3 piece corners first.Then joined a corner to # 54- then added another corner. Repeat this step for the other side.I then sewed the other 2 # 54 to the center square. You now have 3 sections a top, middle and a bottom section. when you line up the middle to the top (do this for the other section too) pin the intersecions where the center block is then sew it using a fix stitch at the intersections. remove from the machine. you will then bring the ends of #54 & 55 together by placing a pin thru the points of both where they are supposed to be sewn. In order to get these 2 sections to lay flat to sew you have to fold the center block. place the section back on machine- bring the needle down in the intersection and continue sewing to the end. This is pivoting. some will do this in one fell swoop, all 3 sections at once, if you do that-when you get to the intersection (inside point)leave the needle in the down position- lift the presser foot- adjust the fabric so it lays flat, lower presser foot and continue sewing. I find that sewing this block in the 3 sections there's less handling and the block won't get distorted. There are no set in seams this way.