Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's.

Blog Entries
    Both nice blocks ! I prefer the colors in second block - more contrast, "brighter

Red face January Block

Here is my block. I almost feel like I should be making more since 2012 I was making one for each granddaughter. I did the traditional way with the template. I know I could have done the paper pieced without a problem, but I have not done this type of inset accept for hand quilting years ago. So I wanted to test myself. And I even got a 12 1/2" block which is sometimes hard to do when doing Quilterscache. Good start to the new year! Already looking forward to February.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

I really like your block, KLGreene, the contrast and shading looks great-it looks 3D.
    Andii

Blog Entries
    Okay, tada, got mine done today . Thanks Miss Sula it really wasn't that hard after all my deep breaths but trust me I was very careful and I swear it's never taken me this long to sew a block in all my life. Thought I was so smart, didn't have to rip a seam, they all matched, pressed, sewed top togeth then the bottom, perfect, sew each part, seams matched all up.................this looks weird. What the h--- did I do, 1 st pic will show you, same as MaryT,,heehee now I don't feel so bad, I fixed it and final one is the way I put it together....and I did want the middle to spin like it does, honest did that on purpose. But I like it so I want to thank you for making me try this again. Just need to watch that placement a little better..Name:  DSCF1009.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  1.23 MBName:  DSCF1010.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    Jan, it took me a minute to see what you did but then I realized you only used 3 colors also. I think this is going to be one of my favorite blocks, it is so very versatile. and it goes from being scrappy to being monochrome. Excellent block to work with. I am glad this years is a step out of your comfort zone challenge. It is amazing how creative we can get.

KLGreene, I love your's it is beautiful. Really some beautiful blocks are being made!

Yes it was one that took time and thought, but that is why I think I like it so much!

I am excited about Feb and it is only the 2nd!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I have a very light lavender also and am going to use it in every other block. That blotchy one is actual 2 shades of turquoise and the 2 of lavender. Have the lighter turquoise too and I know I need more than 12 blocks, so think I will make 2 each month, 1 dark and 1 light, then I'll have my quilt blocks. I just never make a small quilt, they're all at least a queen. Think I only have a couple that are smaller and they're only for Fall and Xmas on my couch for a very short time.

Blog Entries
    these are all very exciting results!

i have a hard time using my own imagination when it comes to colors and combinations.
    i am inspired to experiment more in that area as i see these blocks rolling out for display.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

The block is great. The bright, flower print fabrics make it appear to be more of a spring or summer block. But, it's a nice block.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Blog Entries
    I think that I was looking at this BOM like last years; where each of the blocks was a rendition of that month. But the more I read and see what others are doing I have decided that I am going to pick a theme of colors and make a sampler quilt.

I made a few of the BOM from last year, and ended up using them for a seasonal wall hanging, it turned out very nice. But now I am really excited about sticking with a theme, like the BOM that I often see in the quilting shops, part of a kit.

So I will be making another January block and dedicating my B&W fabric that I have been collecting for years to finally make myself a quilt. And because it is going to be a little harder that will make it all the more special!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I am so thrilled that everone is loving this pattern that I picked out & making such Gorgeous blocks!! It's facinating to see each new block posted & how each one of you have interpreted your design. Great Work Everyone & thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast