Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 09-16-2014, 05:55 AM

Maybe somehow through the preview they duplicate. I have used computers for over 40 years but there is always something that comes up that you haven't seen before. I am not certain what caused it. If you would like to swamp some fat quarters worth of fabric, it would be fun. Just send me a personal message with your address and I will tell you mine and we will trade some blues for some yellows. Sounds fun.
Originally Posted by Pink Lady View Post
Kmeyer I did preview and the 2nd one did not show up in the preview. Would you like some blues? They are small pieces but work for Jane blocks. I wish I could find more yellows.

Kendra
Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 AM

Kendra - WOW - you've got an amazing find there!!! lucky girl
You will need more than 1 - 5" charm for most of the blocks however, so check them out carefully before you start sewing. It looks as though you may have more than one piece of each. You asked about non-repro prints - most look like they are from the same period - many I have in my DJ as well (only 6 blocks to go!!) The only ones I question are the purple with the pink swirly leaf at the end of the bed and you have it a few other laces as well. The other is also in the same color way - second picture surrounded around the bottom with blues and either folded up or partially cut into a triangle - it looks more like a Waverly-Schumacher decorator polished cotton of the 1970s to me but I could be wrong!!

You can get some ideas at reproductionfabrics.com

Also - for those of you starting or looking for more repro - Keepsake quilting just sent out their new catalog and have a selection of 40 civil war era repro fabrics that can get you going. If I needed more, I would get the 10" stack.
Gus
Old 09-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
Lovely blocks - as always Gladys -- it has been VERY quiet here - where are you all?
WELL - my pieced and sashed Dear Jane quilt has - today - left my house to go to be layered and quilted by a friend who has a long arm quilting machine and a business. It is the first time she hasn't been under my roof since I started her in May 2007 and I do hope she isn't lonely !!! LOL.
Thank you very much, DottyD!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kmeyer View Post
Well I have met a milestone. I have finished my 100 block and I have taken the pictures to catch up with my Dear Jane chart. I am not sure which one is one of my favorite but am happy with my finished blocks and look forward to the remaining challenges Jane and Brenda has past on to us. I have included some of the last blocks and the Excel Dear Jane chart. I look forward to you comments.
Very beutiful blocks Kmeyer! And those looks so great together! Congrats!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:51 AM

It has been slow going for my Jane that I started in January. Summer has been so busy. I will try to post pictures next week of the few blocks I have done. Love seeing everyones blocks. Cre8vlwyr you have so much done it looks great.
Gladys yours is coming right along.Did you do any machine quilting before taking the BBQA by Leah Day ? Love the work you are doing with that one.
DogHouseMom did you use the Dear Jane software to plan yours? It looks great.
I am wondering of those of you that have the Dear Jane software how do you like it? Is it worth while buying? Does it help with the changing of some of the blocks?
Thanks Kendra
Hi, Kendra! Thanks a lot!
Yes, I did some quilting before, I have some finished quilts. But all I knew was fordoing so in a self-taught way, since there are no classes or instructors in my city, and I learn from what you find on the web.
And it took me three years thinking that the quilting was not impossible. With the BBQA learned a lot! Leah Day is a superb teacher, with her I lost the fear and forgive my mistakes!
Also with your weekly block, got the main thing: practice, practice, practice!
I still long way to go, but I'm very proud of my improvement and learning!
A hug!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:52 AM

100 blocks wow great job. I could view the attachment I must get pictures posted. I have passed the 10 block milestone lol. Winter is coming so will be able to get more done.
Kendra
Realy beautiful blocks! Looks great! Well done!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 AM

Thank you Kmeyer. I am not doing BOM but ordered some fabric online and picked up some at local quilt shops. My biggest find was at a second hand store. I was lucky enough to get a big garbage bag full of fabric it took two of us to get it out of the store. When I got home and started to emptying it and bring it all inside ( could not wait until husband came home to help carry in the larger bag.I found a few smaller bags with labels on them. One was reproduction prints Happy Happy Happy.Wen I counted I was lucky and there was 89 different prints. Most are small pieces but that is fine and will work well for a Dear Jane. There was also enough diamonds and binding cut and some sew together for a small quilt. I am going to add a few more rows and put it on my old 3/4 bed. Here is pictures of my find. If anyone sees prints that are not reproduction from the 1800's let me know. I think I did really well for my $5 plus all the other fabric.
Kendra
WOW! Wonderful treasure! I like all!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:27 AM

Gus The purple with the pink swirly leaf has the salvage so I know it is a repro. The other one I am not sure of. I order the Keepsake quilting 40 civil war era repro fabrics it was a good buy

Here are my blocks for the last week.
A 12
B8
B12
B13

One more block and row A will be done.
Hope you are all busy sewing blocks
Kendra
Attached Thumbnails img_2803a.jpg   img_2805a.jpg   img_2809a.jpg   img_2807a.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:30 AM

Darn why am getting two copies of pictures? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Kendra
Old 09-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Darn why am getting two copies of pictures? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Kendra
You're not doing anything wrong. It's happening all over the board. The problem is on their end, not yours. Beautiful blocks