Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Elisabrat - I see an amazing quilt there. What you did was reverse your colors in the stars. Pink & purple always go together. I think whats throwing you off is the colors in the chain. I think when you get it all together it's going to look fine. I was still unsure at this stage also, but look how nice it came out in the end!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM

Wow, you are doing some amazing work ladies! Elisabrat! I love it, if you don't want it send it to me I will finish for you and take to the VA. People don't realize but there are a lot of Female Vets that would love the girly quilts! I don't go through Color of Valor but go right to VA hospital. Since I go there for my Dr visits, they know me and let me bring what I have. Some they give to patients and some they will sell to raise money! Makes no difference to me as long as they get the idea!

I am making like a million coasters today! I had to get an address and got side tracked, ok back to my machine!

I promise I will post a picture when mine is done! Maybe January at this rate! UGH...
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM

cindy that is beautiful. elizabrat, I love your color choices and it will be fantastic when it is all together.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Jaba I know they may not be colors that excite you but it sure is a pretty quilt. I say go for it and you could always send it to me. I love it.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Cindy, I love the red and white quilt. Your quilting is great too.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM

the red and white looks great and it did not even need a stopper border....this is an extreemly versitale pattern..
pardon my spelling, i know it is wrong....wish there was spell check at least this late in the evening
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Cindy the red and white is gorgeous!

Elisabrat your blocks are really pretty.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM

I love the way all the quilts are coming out. can't wait to get mine done but it may be a while. Won't have any sewing time until Saturday and that will only be after I do some grocery shopping. For some reason my DH would like some food in the house. Finally finished birthday gifts and also need to get started on Christmas ones especially those that need to get mailed.
Thank you Judy. This was my first mystery quilt and really enjoyed it.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM

My DH mother has said just a week ago gee she knows I do embroidery and sure would love some hand embroidered pillow cases. uh sure. I do embroidery but not much these days. I had no one picked out for the mystery quilt so .. guess who is getting a quilt instead. Steve tells me she will absolutely love the colors.. good for her. lol.. one day i will go shopping and buy all my own fabrics. FANTASY shhhh don't see that happening soon but a good fantasy. In the mean time its work with what you have at hand. I actually didnt reverse those colors when I picked which one was good for A and which one of the two was good for C/d well that is what i chose way back in the early stages. hindsite and all that right> then the c/d would have been way too dark purple with that green no way.. similiar color values and all. oh well it sure was fun making and guessing and now it will have a home. Marybeth I will keep you in mind. i have a couple ufos that might well come visit you. Donating to the veterans is a worthy worthy cause. I will have to go look and see what I might come up with.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
TA-DA!! I just pulled mine off of Queenie! All I have left to do is trim & bind it. I was having trouble with quilt design & called on 2 other longarmers for help. Thanks Judy Lee & Debcavan for your input! The lighting wasn't the best, so it looks a whole lot better in person than in t he pictures. Hope you guys can see it though.
WOWWIE!! Cindy your quilt turned out absolutely Gorgeous. Now I can hardly wait to get mine together, so you can quit it for me too!! Very nice job!!