Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 109 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1338

Thread: Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Wow Irene... but the photo we really want to see is the one of you standing on the headboard! lol Very nice blocks will make a wonderful quilt.

hugs, Jup

Rolling right along, here is my Rolling Star. I really like the look of the blocks in which I've used red and green together. I think I avoided doing that in the beginning because I was afraid it would look Christmassy, but it doesn't at all. To me it just looks bright and happy. I am going to mix red and green together in a few more blocks before I finish up. I actually have a couple more blocks glued together, but they aren't stitched yet so I'm not going to photograph them yet. I have more time to build the blocks in the evenings than I have to stitch them during the day!

Rolling Star
    Name:  Attachment-246372.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  202.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    Rolling right along, here is my Rolling Star. I really like the look of the blocks in which I've used red and green together. I think I avoided doing that in the beginning because I was afraid it would look Christmassy, but it doesn't at all. To me it just looks bright and happy. I am going to mix red and green together in a few more blocks before I finish up. I actually have a couple more blocks glued together, but they aren't stitched yet so I'm not going to photograph them yet. I have more time to build the blocks in the evenings than I have to stitch them during the day!
    Yes, you are definitely Rolling Right Along, Lara. Beautiful block.

Blog Entries
    I like your green and red, too. In this block I love the 'pop' of red. You certainly on a roll!

Nice to see the momentum speeding you along Lara. You will be up to date in no time.

Love this block - does not say Christmas to me at all just "look at me 'cos I'm beautiful".

Blog Entries
    Love this block - does not say Christmas to me at all just "look at me 'cos I'm beautiful".[/quote]

That is what I meant to say!

Blog Entries
    Here is my latest block. I don't remember the name. . . .other than my glaring gap I think I like it. I wish my outside applique pieces were bigger but I think it will work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm looking for a glaring gap, but I can't find it. It looks beautiful to me! Love the batiks - especially the pink "background" applique.

Love the fabrics on this one Judith and your glaring gap must be looking the other way 'cos I can't see it either.

Blog Entries
    It is just the top left light point next to the black. But, as I have commented to others when they have talked of something they wish were better, when they are all set together the blocks will play well together and I probably won't even see it!

Page 109 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 ... LastLast