Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2012 BOM block pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2012-bom-block-pictures-t207373.html)

Anael 01-12-2013 12:35 AM

Thank you SulaBug! I figured out how I want my blocks all together but didn't get to that yet. It's somewhere on my list but not for the next week. Besides I have to find the right fabric to do so and I didn't have the time to shop my stash. My LQS is having a sale next week so I might go there and have a look.

SulaBug 01-12-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5779991)
Thank you SulaBug! I figured out how I want my blocks all together but didn't get to that yet. It's somewhere on my list but not for the next week. Besides I have to find the right fabric to do so and I didn't have the time to shop my stash. My LQS is having a sale next week so I might go there and have a look.

Oh My Goodness............a sale at your LQS next week, how exciting!! :D Now I am even more anxious to see how you will put yours together. Good Luck & have fun with your project. I can hardly wait to see a picture of it. Thank You for being such a faithful participant, it was fun wasn't it?
:D :D :D :D

Anael 01-12-2013 01:05 PM

Yes SulaBug, it sure was a lot of fun. I like the concept of members picking a block each month. Makes such a different quilt, I loved it!
Don't get too excited, a sale here means normal prices where you are. Normally I order my fabrics in the US but I thought with shippingcosts added I can go to the sale of the LQS as well. The sale fabric is $ 8.50/yard so not that cheap after all. But normally we pay $ 19.00 and up per yard.

Anael 01-16-2013 03:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the quilttop. It looks a bit weird but it doesn't fit the designwall. Still have to add borders but have to think about what fabric to use.
I'm going to call this one The Waiting Game. I made the chainblocks and put it all together while waiting for news about my DDIL's pregnancy. She's been admitted to hospital yesterday, almost 26 weeks pregnant with twins. I made so many mistakes while making the chainblocks and the extra block. According to Quilter's Cache the extra block I made was the easiest one but I managed to do it wrong :([ATTACH=CONFIG]388392[/ATTACH]

bibliostone 01-16-2013 08:48 AM

I love your connecting blocks and the pattern that they make!

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5789627)
Here's the quilttop. It looks a bit weird but it doesn't fit the designwall. Still have to add borders but have to think about what fabric to use.
I'm going to call this one The Waiting Game. I made the chainblocks and put it all together while waiting for news about my DDIL's pregnancy. She's been admitted to hospital yesterday, almost 26 weeks pregnant with twins. I made so many mistakes while making the chainblocks and the extra block. According to Quilter's Cache the extra block I made was the easiest one but I managed to do it wrong :([ATTACH=CONFIG]388392[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 01-16-2013 08:52 AM

Your quilt top turned out beautiful!!! I love the march clover bouquet. Mary

mimiknoxtaylor 01-16-2013 10:28 AM

Anael, Your quilt top is lovely. Great idea to add the blocks with the blue. It really brings it together.

SulaBug 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

Anael..........It's just Beautiful!! :D Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today. Now my mind is thinking how can I make mine similar to yours? I love your idea. Now you have started all of us thinking about this!! What a great job you have done. I wish your DDIL good luck with her twin's. Do keep us posted.
:D :D :D :D

Jeanine 01-23-2013 10:46 AM

Anael: What a fantastic quilt! You are creative.

thomp116 01-23-2013 05:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the last of my blocks, and the top sewn together. I was going to add another border, but decided against it, since the top is pretty busy. This was fun!

The turkey is the November block, which didn't actually get finished until mid-December. The December block was finished on 12/31/12.