Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 May 2012 BOM Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-may-2012-bom-pictures-t187765.html)

SulaBug 05-21-2012 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 5233257)
A very nice variety of blocks and all beautiful! Sticking with batiks here is mine. I plan on doing something with the center, perhaps embroidery or seed beads.

Tweety..........your choice of batik fabric's really makes your "Oh Suzanna" block for the month of May, stand out beautifully!! I just love your color's & will also be excited to see what you might do with your center. Seed beads &/or embroidery work sounds wonderful, I love to work with them myself. Thank you for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 05-21-2012 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5233344)
I like the idea of the seed beads... :thumbup: I love the dragonfly print.. definitely like the idea of the seed beads.. please show us again after you decide which you are going to do.. I would love to see this block when its finished. :) :) :)

Jenniky..................don't you think the pink & purple batik fabric's together, in Tweety's block, just "POPS"? LOL I just had to ask you that, as I have been looking for a block that I think just POPS!! One of my favorite expression's, so to speak.

Jenniky 05-22-2012 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5234053)
Jenniky..................don't you think the pink & purple batik fabric's together, in Tweety's block, just "POPS"? LOL I just had to ask you that, as I have been looking for a block that I think just POPS!! One of my favorite expression's, so to speak.

:D :D Hmmmm now you know I have been trying to define what makes something POP ... lol I think the fabrics blend very well together..very pleasing to the eye. On Tweety's particular block what would make it come all together for me I think is the seed bead design in the center. Now I have to be honest batiks are not my favorite.. there are many I love the look of and would make them for others. So prospectively I have to step outside of my personal preferences when it comes to batiks. I believe though they will grow on me as I move further along in my quilting as I often get drawn in by them with certain patterns and batik fabrics like Tweety has chosen ..LOL wow I just totally contradicted myself.. I love it when the batiks have a subtle print in the background like the dragonfly and the purples make me feel the depth of the flower image. Hmmmm ... So when something Pops for you Sula...is it that the fabrics blend themselves complete the block pattern or entire quilt as in a certain sashing fabric to pull all the blocks together???? :p So is the POP that which completes each pattern from the individual viewers perspective???? or as I usually say ..the fabrics speak to me or don't speak to me..LOL oh my ... Sula you might never ask me a question again...Hahahah Im still sitting on the fence with trying to figure out what makes it go Pop... but I do love Tweetys' block..and Tweety I hope you dont mind my analysis of your beautiful batik block. :) :)

lawsonmugs 05-23-2012 08:59 AM

"happy birthday to our hostess sulabug" !!!!!!!!

SulaBug 05-23-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 5237489)
"happy birthday to our hostess sulabug" !!!!!!!!

Thank You Mary for remembering that today is my Birthday!! I am looking forward to some chocolate cake later in the day. Wish you were all here & could join me!!

Deecee 05-23-2012 12:35 PM

Happy Birthday Sulabug. Enjoy your special day......and your chocolate cake.

Jeanine 05-23-2012 12:58 PM

Happy happy birthday to you. Sulabug.
Enjoy

Nana2Sew 05-23-2012 01:14 PM

Happy Birthday SulaBug........wish you could share your chocolate cake!

rwquilts 05-23-2012 02:16 PM

Have a fabulous birthday today SulaBug! :):) Singing to you from eastern Washington...can you hear me?????????

Ladybug 1938 05-23-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5186343)
Here is my May BOM block....I reduced the measurements of the pattern to make it 8 X 8 then using postage stamp squares I tipped the corners of the petals and then set the 8" square on point.

Really clever idea... Love your block and the colors..